Author Topic: Great PvP rivalries in BattleMaster  (Read 24641 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Great PvP rivalries in BattleMaster
« Reply #15: November 20, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
I don't have a character on EC!

The plot thickens!
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 20, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »
Leatho hates Richard, but Richard is indifferent to Leatho. Though if Richard knew everything, he'd probably think Leatho is crying over who had more milk spilled between the two of them, and think he's not worth the time.

War. People die. People make mistakes. Richard suffered at least the same amount, but it's how it affected them differently.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 20, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »
I don't have any rivals... damn I wish I had one :o

Urgh, I couldn't stand it anymore.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 21, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »
I don't have a character on EC!
Hmm, then there is another Solari family indeed :o

The plot thickens!
Yes, the plot thicken. I am flabbergasted! 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #19: November 21, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »
I don't think my characters gain enemies... none that I know of, anyways.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 21, 2012, 03:52:45 AM »
I don't think my characters gain enemies... none that I know of, anyways.

You're playing wrong.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 21, 2012, 07:23:47 AM »
How has Lefanis v. Chenier not been mentioned? That's possibly the most vitriolic feud in BM that I've seen.

For myself, Vellos v. Anaris is definitely a thing. Vellos v. Chenier is an odd thing– we tend to be distrusting but pragmatic neighbors of one another. Rivals certainly, but practical rivals usually with bigger fish to fry; usually fish named "Anaris."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 21, 2012, 08:05:45 AM »
You're playing wrong.
+ 1

How has Lefanis v. Chenier not been mentioned? That's possibly the most vitriolic feud in BM that I've seen.

Heh. Had fun with that  ;D sadly never got that much time or energy for BM ever again. But certainly, the Lefanis' don't forget those who've wronged them. Had rivalries with the Of the White Guardians Family, Delvin Anaris, Arylon family, the V fetish guys family, and the Slayers. A bunch of names I've forgotten, unfortunately. And another large number of rivalries that are continuing currently. Rivalries have gotta be one of the most fun aspects in BM.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 21, 2012, 08:08:26 AM »

For myself, Vellos v. Anaris is definitely a thing. Vellos v. Chenier is an odd thing– we tend to be distrusting but pragmatic neighbors of one another. Rivals certainly, but practical rivals usually with bigger fish to fry; usually fish named "Anaris."

Seriously need to pause one of my characters and get going on BT again...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #24: November 21, 2012, 08:29:58 AM »
I find it annoying that you're saying I'm playing wrong. Perhaps I just manage to get all the blame for my actions shifted to someone else?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 21, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »
I find it annoying that you're saying I'm playing wrong. Perhaps I just manage to get all the blame for my actions shifted to someone else?

I was being tongue-in-cheek
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 21, 2012, 01:24:20 PM »
Hmm, then there is another Solari family indeed :o

That's not possible. There can only be one family with a given name.

There might be a Solaria family, though, or some other similar spelling.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: November 21, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »

Vellos v. Anaris may be a thing, but Anaris v. Vellos kinda isn't.

Delvin and Hireshmont even more-or-less reconciled their differences before the end, and Alanna never really trusted that absurd republican cousin of hers in the first place, so why should she dislike someone who's a powerful figure in Dwilight politics because of him? She'd be quite happy to meet Hireshmont II on amicable terms. Frankly, given their personalities, those two might be able to become friends.

(Or, in different circumstances, bitterer enemies than Delvin and Hireshmont ;D )
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: November 21, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »
That's not possible. There can only be one family with a given name.

There might be a Solaria family, though, or some other similar spelling.
Ok, I get it. The other Solari is actually Solaris family(Imminent Solaris). The S behind is confusing me, argh! 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #29: November 21, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »
Ok, I get it. The other Solari is actually Solaris family(Imminent Solaris). The S behind is confusing me, argh! 8)

Nah, it's just Solari's siblings, all playing on that one account.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.