Author Topic: Great PvP rivalries in BattleMaster  (Read 24628 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Great PvP rivalries in BattleMaster
« Reply #30: November 21, 2012, 04:10:06 PM »
She'd be quite happy to meet Hireshmont II on amicable terms. Frankly, given their personalities, those two might be able to become friends.

I kinda had Hireshmont II pegged as a potential rival, and then I realized that he's basically a more visible and vocal Malus, and now I love him IC and OOC.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: November 21, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
Perhaps I just manage to get all the blame for my actions shifted to someone else?

The only thing anybody in Cathay knows about you is that they think that you wanted to go temple-stomping in Zonasa during the war when we were trying to coordinate our military. I don't think anybody had heard of you before or since as you weren't part of Toupellon before Cathay was re-founded.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 21, 2012, 06:32:33 PM »
Vellos v. Anaris may be a thing, but Anaris v. Vellos kinda isn't.

Delvin and Hireshmont even more-or-less reconciled their differences before the end, and Alanna never really trusted that absurd republican cousin of hers in the first place, so why should she dislike someone who's a powerful figure in Dwilight politics because of him? She'd be quite happy to meet Hireshmont II on amicable terms. Frankly, given their personalities, those two might be able to become friends.

(Or, in different circumstances, bitterer enemies than Delvin and Hireshmont ;D )

Alanna-H2, not so much.

But don't forget FEI. And I'm not really sure Delvin and Hireshmont "reconciled." Hireshmont had a major role in the Meridian secession... just because he tossed himself on the pyre of humanity doesn't mean there was reconciliation.

Or consider Cyrilos v. Delvin (that was Delvin, right? Or was it a different Anaris?)

I kinda had Hireshmont II pegged as a potential rival, and then I realized that he's basically a more visible and vocal Malus, and now I love him IC and OOC.

Thank ya kindly.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: November 21, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »
Alanna-H2, not so much.

But don't forget FEI. And I'm not really sure Delvin and Hireshmont "reconciled." Hireshmont had a major role in the Meridian secession... just because he tossed himself on the pyre of humanity doesn't mean there was reconciliation.

Or consider Cyrilos v. Delvin (that was Delvin, right? Or was it a different Anaris?)

No, by the time Cyrilos came to Riombara, Delvin was retired. I think it must be Liara that met him.

My reading of the point of this thread, though, is actual full-on family rivalries, where any member of one meeting a member of the other will hate on sight.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: November 21, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »
Ah, well, yeah, I guess Anarises and Vellos' don't necessarily do that.

Lefanis' and Cheniers do though. I still remember before D'Hara became Republican and Marche Telrunya, Julius, and I were plotting to have Paisly secede and form a new realm (Barca) to conquer westwards. It broke down in part because Marche and Machiavel successful reformed D'Hara into a republic, but also because Machiavel refused to be in the same realm as a Lefanis (one of the initial Barcans was a Lefanis).
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: November 22, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
How has Lefanis v. Chenier not been mentioned? That's possibly the most vitriolic feud in BM that I've seen.

For myself, Vellos v. Anaris is definitely a thing. Vellos v. Chenier is an odd thing– we tend to be distrusting but pragmatic neighbors of one another. Rivals certainly, but practical rivals usually with bigger fish to fry; usually fish named "Anaris."

Indeed... At first, Machiavel actively worked to isolate and marginalize Hireshmont II. Did the same with Marche too, when he came up. Until it was realized we were going in the same direction this time around. Outside parties kinda forced the context, though. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: November 22, 2012, 01:31:30 AM »
Silverfire v Anaris used to be one from my point of view. However, Brom dropped it a while back after he decided that rivalries don't ever help him. (Background: Brom orchestrated about 5 rebellion/secession/assassination attempts on rulers of Pian en Luries primarily Alanna Anaris.)

The same can be asserted for Silverfire v Solari, however Brom dropped that a while back as well. (Background: Brom had a blood debt declared upon him by Malus Solari after Brom placed a bounty on Malus's head of 500 gold using family funds)

I doubt either of the above ever really considered the above to be true due to Brom's overall incompetence.

I believe I did make a family enemy though when Brom "caused" the suicide of the Queen of Luria. I'll let that player decide on that one though.

Silverfire v. Kabrinski might have just begun though. Brom's banning of Allison caused by his subsequent nullification of their marriage will probably start something. We'll see.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: November 24, 2012, 12:06:33 PM »
My chars will probably have made some enemies no doubt. I think most enemies were made by Aeneas on EC and now on FEI though...

However I have no real family feuds, never have had them not even on my former account. Of course my chars has numerous enemies (Ascanius wasn't very loved on FEI I reckon), but again never my family as a whole...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: November 24, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »
So Cratchet Kabrinski and Tiberius Himoura have been trying to kill eachother for 18 days now in Thalmarkin. There have been 4 actual duels and every turn in between those a "duel postponed" message because one of them was wounded. For some reason, neither of them ever die.
They have both won 1 duel, but only seriously wounding the other and 2 duels have ended a draw where both were seriously wounded... it's going to be interesting to see who'll win in the end. :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: November 25, 2012, 04:02:16 AM »
So Cratchet Kabrinski and Tiberius Himoura have been trying to kill eachother for 18 days now in Thalmarkin. There have been 4 actual duels and every turn in between those a "duel postponed" message because one of them was wounded. For some reason, neither of them ever die.
They have both won 1 duel, but only seriously wounding the other and 2 duels have ended a draw where both were seriously wounded... it's going to be interesting to see who'll win in the end. :)

This has been the best thing in the world to log in to for the last 2+ weeks.  ;D

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: November 25, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
However I have no real family feuds, never have had them not even on my former account. Of course my chars has numerous enemies (Ascanius wasn't very loved on FEI I reckon), but again never my family as a whole...

Ascanius? I remember this name... Whats you family name? Were you in RoF, by any chance  :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: December 01, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »
This has been the best thing in the world to log in to for the last 2+ weeks.  ;D

The bastard refuses to die :p

This is one of many family feuds I've had. I play the Himoura family as I imagine any notorious and wealth family. There are factions within, and though they all don't necessarily get along, the are more than willing to bond over a mutual enemy. Except Senoske's line. They're outcasts.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Zakilevo

« Reply #42: December 01, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
You guys are still trying to kill each other? lol

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: December 01, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
Yep. I have yet to have a strategy advantage though *grumble*
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: December 04, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »
Still going.  We both keep getting wounded.  My Swordsmanship was at 20% when this duel started.  With training and dueling I am now up to 40%.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)