Author Topic: Population  (Read 5790 times)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
Population
« Topic Start: November 20, 2012, 07:20:14 AM »
Hello!

So I am pretty much new and in the first realm I joined, it has had several lordships unoccupied so after getting beaten up by some monsters, I had the prestige to be become a landed noble, in which the then the King granted me a woodlands region.

I am encountering a problem however, I am unable to go pass 75% productivity because of lack of population, but even through every day seems to have 12 people move in, the population counter seems to be the same.

Is there a way to increase the amount of people that move into your region?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Population
« Reply #1: November 20, 2012, 07:23:27 AM »
Low tax rate is the main one I know, though I believe there are more. Welcome to the game and congrats on your lordship.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 20, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »
As Penchant says, low tax rate is the first step.
It takes some real life months to get the population increase to a satisfactory level.
Fear not, with time the region population will recover.

One thing I have not try since the new game change implementation. Can investment increase the population further and faster? ???

Enjoy your lordship and all the best, happy exploring :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 20, 2012, 07:36:37 AM »
Thanks for the quick replies!

Yes, the previous lord of the land had set the tax rate to 17% so I guessing the peasants are quite strong in that feeling in the daily region report. Guess I should lower it to like 12% or so?

Anyways other then the productivity, everything else is fine and dandy at 100% with the help of merciful court!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 20, 2012, 09:00:26 AM »
investment doesn't increase pop.. but it does increase production.
firefox

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 20, 2012, 09:18:54 AM »
Its not low taxes that motivate extra immigration.
But its lower taxes then your neighboring regions that give your extra immigration and also an extra boost of happiness for the poeple (morale and loyalty).
If the other lords around you have 17%, you can have 16 or 15% and already more people will move in.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 20, 2012, 01:14:43 PM »
Its not low taxes that motivate extra immigration.
But its lower taxes then your neighboring regions that give your extra immigration and also an extra boost of happiness for the poeple (morale and loyalty).
If the other lords around you have 17%, you can have 16 or 15% and already more people will move in.

While it makes perfect sense, that's not actually true. At least not yet.

Morale, loyalty, and food are the main things you need to keep high. Low taxes will result in higher morale and loyalty, but they do not directly influence peasant migration.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #7: November 20, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »
I am unable to go pass 75% productivity because of lack of population, but even through every day seems to have 12 people move in, the population counter seems to be the same.

You probably have one or more neighboring regions that are under 75%. 75% is the level at which your peasants start leaving for neighboring regions. Until all of them reach 75% as well, your population is pretty much going to be stuck at 75%.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 20, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
While it makes perfect sense, that's not actually true. At least not yet.

Morale, loyalty, and food are the main things you need to keep high. Low taxes will result in higher morale and loyalty, but they do not directly influence peasant migration.

Ok, then i am indeed mixed up.
Because there is indeed an effect that indirectly effects immigration when tax shares are (considerably) lower then neighboring regions.
There is a message in daily reports that says something about peasants noting higher tax shares in the vicinity of there own region which makes them happy.
More happy is more immigration, is that correct?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #9: November 20, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »
Ok, then i am indeed mixed up.
Because there is indeed an effect that indirectly effects immigration when tax shares are (considerably) lower then neighboring regions.
There is a message in daily reports that says something about peasants noting higher tax shares in the vicinity of there own region which makes them happy.
More happy is more immigration, is that correct?

More happy => possible morale increase.

Higher morale => possible immigration increase.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 21, 2012, 12:17:57 AM »
More happy => possible morale increase.

Higher morale => possible immigration increase.

Ipso facto, lowering taxes indirectly increases immigration.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Rogi36

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 12, 2013, 10:30:57 PM »
From my experience when a region is taken over and the population is very low, with normal taxes (not too high) the population increases quite fast, and you receive immigration from other regions. When the region grows a bit the immigration stops, and it takes a lot of time to make the population increase.

Investments do not help to increase the population, but for a while you will have increased taxes.

I also tried to study the growth of the population, once the region's morale and loyalty is at 100%. I noticed it does not matter if you place 12%, 14% or 16% taxes. The population increases very very slowly. I tried it with one week with each tax rate, and no visible effect. Obviously I'm running now on high tax rate.

My conclusion is that once the morale, loyalty and realm control are stable, you can't really do much for the population increase. Patience...

Best regards

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 13, 2013, 04:17:17 AM »
Is there a hard limit to how much population regions can have or its unlimited?
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 13, 2013, 04:33:36 AM »
Is there a hard limit to how much population regions can have or its unlimited?
There is a hard limit, and its needed for many reasons. Max production possible is based on pop, immigration is based on percentage of limit, etc.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 13, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
Check the region page on the wiki. The wiki shows max possible population for a region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.