Author Topic: REJECTED: Real time chat  (Read 2554 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
REJECTED: Real time chat
« Topic Start: November 15, 2012, 01:36:15 AM »
Title:
Real time chat

Summary:
Nobles from the same realm, military organisation or guild can meet in a "physical" guild house or government building to share ideas in a real time conversation.

Details:
  • These buildings could be added to some regions (townsland or cities) as another kind of infrastructure, by a high dignitary of the guild/organisation.
  • This person and the other members of similar rank could stablish which ranks or kind of people can enter the building.
  • Whenever a member of the guild/realm/organisation is in a region with this kind of building, he/she can enter to be displayed as a speaker available to talk with. Whenever decides to leave the building, he/she can't join the conversation.
Benefits:
  • Some decisions which require an important coordination or clarification could be discussed properly.
  • It could add some funny roleplaying, creating an emulation of a court or guild house with a direct interaction within the members.
Possible Exploits:
  • It could be used to marginalize some disliked characters.
  • An intensive use could end up with an abuse of OOC conversation if the responsible members aren't strict about this matter.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:12:36 AM by egamma »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Real time chat
« Reply #1: November 15, 2012, 02:12:39 AM »
As requested, this is not going to happen. (At least, not unless Tom changes his mind from things he's said, very firmly, in the past.)

However, I ask that you, and others who want something like this, be a little patient, because there's something in the works that may make you happy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 15, 2012, 02:13:28 AM »
This seems oddly like Internet Relay Chat...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 15, 2012, 02:17:41 AM »
Indeed; if all you want is a way to chat with your BM realm-mates in real time, take a look at the information about IRC.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 15, 2012, 06:23:08 AM »
This seems oddly like Internet Relay Chat...
So that's what IRC stands for...
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: November 15, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
Rejected. This breaks the basic principle of casual gaming and will lead to pressure on players to be online at specific times.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 16, 2012, 12:52:57 AM »
OK, understood. Sorry, I didn't know anything about the Internet Relay Chat, I guess that's the best option for those who want some more implication with the game, without being obliged or feeling the responsibility to be "in the court" sometimes.