Author Topic: Killed - Dead - Dying?  (Read 6781 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Killed - Dead - Dying?
« Topic Start: April 05, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
One of my char got killed this morning. I can bury him, but it says this is what the healers say:
"You are currently wounded and get only a fraction of the news, small bits and pieces whenever you are awake and well enough to take them in. You will not lose any news, everything you missed while in this state will be delivered once you are healed."
And in the bottom left, next to my name it says: Leandros (dying)

I also can not read all my messages. Because of the apparently wounded status. But I've been killed. So I am dead, right?
I guess this has something to do with the new wounded system, but is this a bug? Or do I have a chance to be miraculously revived?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

egamma

Re: Killed - Dead - Dying?
« Reply #1: April 05, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »
"I'm not dead yet!"
"He says he's not dead yet. I can't take him if he's not dead"
"I'm getting better. I think I'll go for some tea."
"Can you turn around for a second?"
*WHACK*
"Oh, he's dead now. See you Thursday."

Why don't you wait until tomorrow?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 05, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »
One of my char got killed this morning. I can bury him, but it says this is what the healers say:
"You are currently wounded and get only a fraction of the news, small bits and pieces whenever you are awake and well enough to take them in. You will not lose any news, everything you missed while in this state will be delivered once you are healed."
And in the bottom left, next to my name it says: Leandros (dying)

I also can not read all my messages. Because of the apparently wounded status. But I've been killed. So I am dead, right?
I guess this has something to do with the new wounded system, but is this a bug? Or do I have a chance to be miraculously revived?

Known bug. When a hero dies, he *should* get access to all his messages. But a bug in the new wounding code sees that you're wounded, and proceeds to only give you messages like you're wounded.

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=5984
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3: April 06, 2011, 12:25:47 AM »
Good to know it's a bug. Then he shall be buried in the morning and I shall see how I can acquire the latest messages concerning the death of Leandros. I am certain my family would appreciate to read the condolences, certainly his father in Ibladesh.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: April 06, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
Or maybe you are just a zombie ;)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: April 06, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »
He probably can't talk (Zombie check: Depends on the state and area of brain decay, as well as decay to the vocal organs.)

He can't move (Zombie check: That would mean either some serious stiffening post-mortem, or loss of all forms of locomotion, or decay to the point of no locomotion.)

He will automatically rot away after a while of being no buried (Zombie check: Theoretically, they should all decompose still. Just because they're undead doesn't mean they're immortal. Of course, I don't recall any zombie movies in which the ultimate outcome was waiting for the zombies simply to decompose naturally.)

So...the signs show that he could plausibly be a zombie...but probably is not.

egamma

« Reply #6: April 06, 2011, 08:11:10 PM »
He probably can't talk (Zombie check: Depends on the state and area of brain decay, as well as decay to the vocal organs.)

He can't move (Zombie check: That would mean either some serious stiffening post-mortem, or loss of all forms of locomotion, or decay to the point of no locomotion.)

He will automatically rot away after a while of being no buried (Zombie check: Theoretically, they should all decompose still. Just because they're undead doesn't mean they're immortal. Of course, I don't recall any zombie movies in which the ultimate outcome was waiting for the zombies simply to decompose naturally.)

So...the signs show that he could plausibly be a zombie...but probably is not.

Zombie check: he looks like Michael Jackson. (too soon?)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: April 06, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »
Zombie check: he looks like Michael Jackson. (too soon?)

Dunno. Are you referencing: 1. His role as a singing dancing zombie in Thriller? 2. His appearance post-surgery? 3. His somewhat recent death? 4. A combination or all of the above?

egamma

« Reply #8: April 06, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
Dunno. Are you referencing: 1. His role as a singing dancing zombie in Thriller? 2. His appearance post-surgery? 3. His somewhat recent death? 4. A combination or all of the above?

Yes, all of the above, but mostly #1 and #2.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 15, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
Ahh I did not see the orig. bug on the tracker before I made one today.

Does this mean that if we wait a few days the wounded part will go away allowing us to see the messages?  OR will they remain wounded until we click the bury option?

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10: April 18, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
You remain wounded when you click bury. You can not see all your messages, so I would advise to contact one of the players if possible to copy the messages for you. Good luck.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 18, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »
I got the status of dying for two days with my Priest character Clarence. You know how annoying it is to see 126 news in small letters yet unable to read anything?  >:(
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 25, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »
This should be fixed with the latest updates.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #13: April 25, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »
Zombie check: Theoretically, they should all decompose still. Just because they're undead doesn't mean they're immortal. Of course, I don't recall any zombie movies in which the ultimate outcome was waiting for the zombies simply to decompose naturally.

28 Days Later more or less followed this premise. (Spolier Alert) If I recall correctly, they just went out into the countryside and waited for all the crazies/zombies to become weak from hunger and keel over.

I'm also pretty sure that this came up in World War Z as well.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #14: April 26, 2011, 03:25:30 AM »
Oh yeah, forgot about 28 Days Later. Not quite a spoiler for anyone who's seen the sequel 28 Weeks Later. But in those, I remember people involved with making the film insisting those running "zombies" weren't zombies but "infected".

I think the general premise of such films is that, in the event of an actual widespread outbreak, the chances of survival in just about any civilized area would quickly drop to a very low number, in a very short duration of time. Usually, the survival time until the last survivor dies is not greater than the natural timer until the zombies decay past a certain critical point. In other words, no one lives long enough usually to see zombies break apart.