Author Topic: Recruiting Militia  (Read 4434 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Recruiting Militia
« Topic Start: November 23, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
Is this still true?
Dukes are able to directly hire militia from all of the Duchy's recruitment centres.
I have heard conflicting things on this so I am wondering if this is true or the wiki is just outdated.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Recruiting Militia
« Reply #1: November 23, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
This is outdated. According to the information I'm looking at, any Lord should be able to recruit militia from his own region and the regions adjacent to it (provided they're part of the realm and not under takeover or otherwise unavailable for recruitment).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 23, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
This is outdated. According to the information I'm looking at, any Lord should be able to recruit militia from his own region and the regions adjacent to it (provided they're part of the realm and not under takeover or otherwise unavailable for recruitment).

So most cities can only recruit from themselves and their doughnuts now, on Dwi?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 23, 2012, 11:41:50 PM »
So most cities can only recruit from themselves and their doughnuts now, on Dwi?

I believe that this is the case.

If you have empirical evidence to the contrary, I'd be willing to admit to having only skimmed the relevant code, though ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 24, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »
I believe that this is the case.

If you have empirical evidence to the contrary, I'd be willing to admit to having only skimmed the relevant code, though ;D

Any reason for this?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 24, 2012, 01:15:42 AM »
Timothy Collett

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 24, 2012, 01:16:38 AM »
It's a holiday?
He meant the mechanic, not your skimming, I believe.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 24, 2012, 01:26:34 AM »
He meant the mechanic, not your skimming, I believe.

Indeed. Most cities could recruit from a dozen or so regions, and now a bunch can only recruit from themselves and another single region?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 24, 2012, 01:27:44 AM »
Indeed. Most cities could recruit from a dozen or so regions, and now a bunch can only recruit from themselves and another single region?

Are you sure that cities were, in fact, able to recruit from the entire duchy at any point?

'Cause I'm not.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 24, 2012, 01:53:38 AM »
Are you sure that cities were, in fact, able to recruit from the entire duchy at any point?

'Cause I'm not.

When cities were tied to duchies?

I'm relatively sure I saw pretty large lists of RCs to choose from  the last times I checked as dukes (prior to the duchy changes).

I never really used that feature a whole lot, though, so hard to say.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 24, 2012, 02:33:34 AM »
Keep in mind that most cities used to be connected to quite a few regions. It would not be uncommon for a cityy and the four surrounding regions to easily have a dozen RCs. I don't ever remember really paying attention to how many RCs I was able to draft militia from. But I seem to remember it NOT being duchy-related.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #11: November 24, 2012, 05:16:29 AM »
Also, until sea routes are removed you can recruit across them.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 24, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Keep in mind that most cities used to be connected to quite a few regions. It would not be uncommon for a cityy and the four surrounding regions to easily have a dozen RCs. I don't ever remember really paying attention to how many RCs I was able to draft militia from. But I seem to remember it NOT being duchy-related.

True... But I'm pretty sure I used to be able to recruit militia from Maeotis, for Paisly. Perhaps not.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 29, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »
I believe as Duke of Jidington that Distorted could recruit militia from anywhere in his duchy.  Quite certain that I could recruit troops all the way down in the Brovyl.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 29, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »
I believe as Duke of Jidington that Distorted could recruit militia from anywhere in his duchy.  Quite certain that I could recruit troops all the way down in the Brovyl.

This is correct I think– I seem to recall duchy-wide recruitment as well.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner