Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 268618 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Topic Start: April 05, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »
About 3 prominent Madinan members have joined the civil war in total, a state of emergency has been called and things will result in a real war.
It will all depend on when whos going to attack and how much forces both parties can muster there at that moment that will determine the war.

Candiels has no archer RC centers and both Madina and Candiels are facing various monster and undead attacks since the secession.

Time seems to be in the advantage of Madina, while Candiels needs to strike before Madina restores her name sake city and almost doubles her national income.
With all armies now under the direct command of Lord Admiral Vallyn and a new Lord Purser whos trying to found a goverment trade/social security company, managing food distribution and a base income for all nobles, Madina threatens to become slithly more effective.
Fissoa is also trying to remain neutral making things look, Overall, quite interesting.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:34:10 AM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #1: April 06, 2011, 12:58:47 AM »
Madina lost its capital city, much of its nobles and a duchy. As to how it looks now, Madina can only lose more by destroying Aurvandil, because you can not take back what you lost (at least not at the moment).

War has already been declared, but with the right diplomacy, I think it is more valuable to give give this new realm a chance and establish peaceful relations on your terms. Madina will have the leverage here, because Aurvandil is most likely eager to survive. Then Madina can reconquer its island in the meantime. Later you can always decide to take back what is rightfully yours.  :-X I can not say that. That would be unethical.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 06, 2011, 01:13:15 AM »
Haha :)

Well, I can say Fissoa feels like Aurvandil is going through a similar evolution as we once did. Some kind of new Grand Duchy. :) Wether we will act on that feeling is still open for discussion. Abbot is not looked at with great sympathy though :)

All in all very interesting indeed!

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: April 06, 2011, 02:55:14 AM »
Huh, I guess Madina won't be going after SA after all.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 06, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »
I don't think we were ever really that worried about it.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: April 06, 2011, 03:03:57 AM »
It's the thought/threat that counts, maybe.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 06, 2011, 03:09:58 AM »
It was apparent that only an element in Caerwyn ever though Madina was going to really make an impact in that war.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 06, 2011, 03:29:19 AM »
It was apparent that only an element in Caerwyn ever though Madina was going to really make an impact in that war.

With both Astrum and Morek both having experience in supporting the other with military expeditions in the past, we never even considered the possibility of seeing any Madinan soldiers in battle. It was pretty clear that the Madinan declaration was political flag waving.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 06, 2011, 04:55:08 AM »

No, that was just me...  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 06, 2011, 05:00:56 AM »
I don't see what Madina has to gain in fighting Auvrandil. Madina can't hold its home regions to begin with, let along Candiels.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 06, 2011, 05:05:48 AM »
Could just be a pride thing. Depending on the exact relationships etc I could easily see the IC thing to do would be to burn the foul traitors out of the area, salt the earth so that such corruption can never again be fostered in the fertile soil of our old lands, that kind of thing.

Strategically no, it doesn't appear to make much sense.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 06, 2011, 09:49:45 AM »
Abbot is actually eager in making a deal that allow the realm to prosper.
But the terms to satisfy his realm mates would be harsh.
More like turning that realm into a vassal state and the head of Mendicant and perhaps one or two others.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 06, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »
Abbot is actually eager in making a deal that allow the realm to prosper.
But the terms to satisfy his realm mates would be harsh.
More like turning that realm into a vassal state and the head of Mendicant and perhaps one or two others.

With that, it would be interesting to have a very close knit of duchies who call the, "states" of a federation or something yet they are all different realms. It would be like having 5 senators (rulers) who would speak for their state (realm) and try to coordinate this and that. Perhaps very effective military wise as 5 realms would have 5 recruiting centers..

Anyways, back on topic! Just threaten them and beat them up a bit until they agree to more satisfying terms  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13: April 06, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Anyways, back on topic! Just threaten them and beat them up a bit until they agree to more satisfying terms  ;D
I think this is what I would have done in Abbot's situation.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 06, 2011, 03:04:20 PM »
Ugh, I wish I had more time to commit to this plot line at the moment. I'd love to write up a nice big RP about how honour demands the Madinan flag fly over the Candiels duchy once more, stating if they wanted to secede then they should have formally asked for it, paid Madina some compensation and then leave.

All I can muster at the moment is: "buy my food!" :(

Ahh well, maybe I'll be free for the next interesting thing to happen in Madina.....