Author Topic: Massive Barcan Tax  (Read 3125 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Massive Barcan Tax
« Topic Start: February 02, 2012, 06:55:05 AM »
So taxes in Barca seemed a little crazy this morning. Rettleville Duchy's tax was more than double what it was eight days ago, with the difference more noticeable in Twainville, though somewhat improved situation there may mean it was a little over double too. Does anyone know what the story is and, if so, do I just play on or wait?

Thanks.

Finn.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Massive Barcan Tax
« Reply #1: February 02, 2012, 07:08:42 AM »
It might help all of us to comment on this if you were able to provide some details. That said, everyone's income jumped up about a week ago when Tom rebalanced the regions. The New Estate System dropped incomes due to lost efficiency and caused people to abandon rural estates for city and townsland regions. The rebalancing seems to have compensated for the loss of efficiency and then some. Just look at the realm income statistics. Most realms experienced a significant jump last week.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 02, 2012, 07:16:04 AM »
Details I can indeed provide. Rettleville city last week got 1,179 gold while this week the base amount was 2,896. I knew there was an effect, but (and I could be wrong) I think this might go a wee bit beyond that. Quite happy if I am wrong and we can expect these improved incomes from now on, but it looks suspect to me.

*shrugs*

Finn.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 02, 2012, 07:27:38 AM »
Well, that is a pretty notable difference... Something odd going on there I'd guess. Maybe has something to do with the new market system?

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 02, 2012, 07:30:41 AM »
Well, hopefully we'll find out. It could be exactly what you first thought, or it could be something entirely unintended. I'd be happier of it was the rebalancing, but I did and do wonder.

Finton.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
firefox