Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 273706 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Reply #765: November 11, 2011, 04:21:34 PM »
The Caerwyn emblem held the Madinean and Summerdalian emblems in it, the same way the Fissoan has the Madinean now.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766: November 11, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
but that's probably because they tried to destroy us....
There were so many, many times I thought Terran was going to die. I'm still surprised you managed to survive. That was some good work.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #767: November 11, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
WAS a Madinan colony. At some stage you have to let go of the concept of a realm still being your colony. They grow up after all and such things get relegated to distant history as they forge out on their own.

Madina likes to remind itself that.

But truth is, the colony was formed from nobles from both Madina and Springdale (though mostly Madina), and the deed was done without the tiny least bit of involvement from the Madina government. In fact, when the colony started and Everguard threatened it, Madina completely disassociated itself from the new realm, saying they had nothing to do with it.

Madina was a launching pad, nothing more. The colony was done by nobles of Taselak (SEI), in order to get back together and kick Everguard (hated Torenites)'s asses.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #768: November 11, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
In fact, when the colony started and Everguard threatened it, Madina completely disassociated itself from the new realm, saying they had nothing to do with it.

Not true for all of us. Halicos likes to think of all nobles in Madinan colonies as Madinans, as long as they ask permission to leave first (yes, that's my get-out clause for Aurvandil and I'm sticking to it). He welcomed the Caerywnians back, and he'd welcome the Fissoans back. He wanted to help out, but... umm... my history is hazy on what happened :S

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #769: November 11, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »
Madina likes to remind itself that.

Madina was a launching pad, nothing more. The colony was done by nobles of Taselak (SEI), in order to get back together and kick Everguard (hated Torenites)'s asses.

True - and since Vallyn IS one of those Taselak nobles, one of the ones who stayed behind, he certainly holds strong ties to ensuring that Caerwynians are recognized as hailing from Madina, since Madina is the realm where all the Taselak nobles went to regroup after the SEI went under.    He gladly welcomes back his old friends and brothers in arms - those ties go back well before Madina.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #770: November 11, 2011, 11:23:56 PM »
Not true for all of us. Halicos likes to think of all nobles in Madinan colonies as Madinans, as long as they ask permission to leave first (yes, that's my get-out clause for Aurvandil and I'm sticking to it). He welcomed the Caerywnians back, and he'd welcome the Fissoans back. He wanted to help out, but... umm... my history is hazy on what happened :S

The "bond" is relatively recent. Caerwyn evolved during a long time without relations with Madina, I'd say it only really re-emerged and was forged right before the war against Astrum. Caerwyn had not asked permission to be formed, by the way.

True - and since Vallyn IS one of those Taselak nobles, one of the ones who stayed behind, he certainly holds strong ties to ensuring that Caerwynians are recognized as hailing from Madina, since Madina is the realm where all the Taselak nobles went to regroup after the SEI went under.    He gladly welcomes back his old friends and brothers in arms - those ties go back well before Madina.

Not all Taselak nobles went to Madina, though indeed, most did. As I said, the few of us that went to Springdale instead ended up joining them in Golden Farrow anyways.

And obviously, that doesn't mean that ties between some nobles weren't maintained. Same happened with Caerwyn and D'Hara: I helped forge Caerwyn, so when I created a new character, I wanted to maintain a link, so I became an edler of VE and made it D'Hara's dominant religion. Madina/Caerwyn relations were similarly formed among other things thanks to Taselakians who had remained in Madina.

But at its origin, I don't think Madina was hostile, but it really was like "Eh, we didn't sanction this, we don't take any responsibility for what they do". I believe it's chronicled on the Dwilight Daily. Ties were forged later.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #771: November 12, 2011, 03:09:39 AM »
But at its origin, I don't think Madina was hostile, but it really was like "Eh, we didn't sanction this, we don't take any responsibility for what they do". I believe it's chronicled on the Dwilight Daily. Ties were forged later.

I do remember wishing The HSG good luck and giving them well wishes.  And Vallyn made a strong attempt as the Lord Admiral at the time to maintain positive relations with the Taselak nobles - whether the rest of the Grand Council did or not is up in the air. 

I'm sure it wasn't all flowers and butterflies - but at the same time, Fissoa forming nearly wiped out Madina at the time since it left us so few nobles and military.   So, I think it also depends on the point of view - I know I was less happy with Fissoa forming at the time, than I was when Caerwyn was formed.   Vallyn only stayed in Madina because of his Lordships and Ranks - otherwise he probably would have joined Tsuboh and Daenah and the others in Caerwyn.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #772: November 12, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
Region Revolts   (6 hours, 11 minutes ago)
The people of Lusitania have revolted and declared independence from Aurvandil!

Hey!  We did something!  Wooo!

Yea yea. . .lol.  Outside of thumping each others fortifications that's about the best any ones done. . . though to be fair.  Half our regions want to revolt without having any enemy forces in them.  lol.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #773: November 13, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »
Region Revolts   (6 hours, 11 minutes ago)
The people of Lusitania have revolted and declared independence from Aurvandil!

Yea yea. . .lol.  Outside of thumping each others fortifications that's about the best any ones done. . . though to be fair.  Half our regions want to revolt without having any enemy forces in them.  lol.

It does complicate the return of Evanburg to its rightful owners. As far as that concerns Madina, it means less of an income for a tax day, maybe two.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #774: November 14, 2011, 01:29:51 AM »

I'm crossing my fingers for a perpetual never ending war that will only end in the destruction of both realms due to monsters. Then we can colonize it with Starworshipping faithful Astroists. :D

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #775: November 14, 2011, 03:14:14 AM »
It does complicate the return of Evanburg to its rightful owners. As far as that concerns Madina, it means less of an income for a tax day, maybe two.

Evansburg went BACK to it's rightful owners. . . should be interesting to see if Barca parts with it again.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #776: November 14, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »
The Senate voted in favour of returning it for another year. That there was only a short time given for the vote to be made is something I find slightly iffy, but meh. With supporters like Julius, Vairaj, Marie Anne, Grigori and somewhat Laia (methinks retirement plan was her thought at the time), Aurvandil's likely going to hold onto the townsland until they're destroyed. 'Course, judging by how Madina went about that last little operation, that could be quite some time from now.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777: November 14, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
'Course, judging by how Madina went about that last little operation, that could be quite some time from now.
I will admit that the battle reports us northerners got sure didn't look pretty. But you have to admit, the results were impressive: Madina raids Aurvandil, and two Aurvandil regions go rogue. If they can duplicate those results a time or two more, Aurvandil will be history.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #778: November 14, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
I will admit that the battle reports us northerners got sure didn't look pretty. But you have to admit, the results were impressive: Madina raids Aurvandil, and two Aurvandil regions go rogue. If they can duplicate those results a time or two more, Aurvandil will be history.  ;D

Then again, if they moved out some troops to Candiels Fields at the same time you do, I doubt much would remain to loot anything after two defeats in a row.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #779: November 14, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »

Then again, if they moved out some troops to Candiels Fields at the same time you do, I doubt much would remain to loot anything after two defeats in a row.

But then the main army would have flattened Candiels. The reason we pulled back was because they didn't move to Candiels Fields. Either way was a loss for them, but this way they didn't lose their Capital.