Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 273719 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Reply #780: November 15, 2011, 08:27:53 AM »
But then the main army would have flattened Candiels. The reason we pulled back was because they didn't move to Candiels Fields. Either way was a loss for them, but this way they didn't lose their Capital.

How big is the army in Fatmilak compared to the one in Candiels? 'Cause that's certainly not what the stat pages suggest.

Then again, I wasn't suggesting that they move their *whole* army to Candiels Field. Just enough to take on your remains. They might even have walls there to help them out, after all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #781: November 15, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
How big is the army in Fatmilak compared to the one in Candiels? 'Cause that's certainly not what the stat pages suggest.

Are you counting Fissoa's army too? We managed to wrangle their aid in the last fight, but I think all of their nobles got the message to turn around so they didn't come up on the battle reports.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #782: November 15, 2011, 11:59:06 AM »
Are you counting Fissoa's army too? We managed to wrangle their aid in the last fight, but I think all of their nobles got the message to turn around so they didn't come up on the battle reports.

Well that's going to cost you more than it gained you :)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #783: November 15, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »
Well that's going to cost you more than it gained you :)

It'll gain us a city and a few other regions in the long run. Considering you won't want Madina city in return, I think whatever Vallyn promised you is a decent trade :P

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #784: November 15, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
It'll gain us a city and a few other regions in the long run. Considering you won't want Madina city in return, I think whatever Vallyn promised you is a decent trade :P

If you win, that is :P And gain? Didn't you just lose Candiels?  ::)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #785: November 15, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
If you win, that is :P And gain? Didn't you just lose Candiels?  ::)

I don't think that's the question. I think the question is, if Madina gains Candiels, is that statement implying that New Caerwyn will be a vassal state of Madina? That there would be close ties is not the question, but for one of Madina's top dogs to say Madina would be gaining the city and lands of Candiels Duchy does put something of a different light on the whole conflict.

I'm just curious. At least, that's all it is right now. But if Madina happened to win and get Candiels, will it be a long-term gain of a city and regions for Madina, or will it be the creation of a steadfast neighbouring ally? Because, judging from what Nathan said, it'd be the former.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #786: November 15, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »

Well, kinda. It seems as if Aurvandil's strength is equal to both of yours, when you look at the stat page. But then, Fissoa isn't always there, and even if they were, Aurvandil would need less troops to defend due to walls.

I didn't see any scout reports, though. I'd also assume, however, that Madina and Fissoa have some of that strength that is really militia in other regions, whereas Aurvandil's might can all be centered in Candiels if desired.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #787: November 15, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
whereas Aurvandil's might can is all.. centered in Candiels if desired.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #788: November 15, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »

I fail to see the point of the correction. Aurvandil's army isn't all militia, it can just as much move a decent chunk to Candiels Fields if it desires. It isn't forced to permanently remain 100% of the time in the city.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #789: November 16, 2011, 02:31:25 AM »
I fail to see the point of the correction. Aurvandil's army isn't all militia, it can just as much move a decent chunk to Candiels Fields if it desires. It isn't forced to permanently remain 100% of the time in the city.

Its not FORCED to, it simply always is.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #790: November 16, 2011, 03:23:04 AM »

Madina and Aurvandil Mobile strengths are roughly equal when we're both fielding our armies at our limits.   Which is to say ~20K

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #791: November 16, 2011, 05:15:14 AM »
Madina and Aurvandil Mobile strengths are roughly equal when we're both fielding our armies at our limits.   Which is to say ~20K

Does that mean that Aurvandil has won? Unless they do something stupid - which they're not doing right now - they won't lose Candiels. All they have to do is wait and not attack. Eventually Madina will grow so bored with the whole non-event that they'll accept peace so they can fight a real war or do, well, anything other than sit in the Tower growing old. The only problem with that theory is that Aurvandil seem equally fond of attacking the Tower, which could result in a catastrophic turn of events should they take a major loss again.

Staring match.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #792: November 16, 2011, 05:16:53 AM »
Does that mean that Aurvandil has won? Unless they do something stupid - which they're not doing right now - they won't lose Candiels. All they have to do is wait and not attack. Eventually Madina will grow so bored with the whole non-event that they'll accept peace so they can fight a real war or do, well, anything other than sit in the Tower growing old. The only problem with that theory is that Aurvandil seem equally fond of attacking the Tower, which could result in a catastrophic turn of events should they take a major loss again.

Staring match.

Ask yourself what Madina was doing before the war, then revisit whether the current situation is boring in comparison :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #793: November 16, 2011, 06:33:49 AM »
Eh, I'm just surprised at the whole thing. Madina should, theoretically, be able to maintain a suitably larger military than Aurvandil, but they're not. Is that related to pure military financing in Aurvandil or Madina not taking the conflict seriously enough? Dunno. One thing, I suppose, about this war is that it provides something to talk about :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #794: November 16, 2011, 06:44:27 AM »

Therefore, if Madina attacks Candiels, and say 3000 CS survives to loot Aurvandil's backdoor regions, then Aurvandil should be able to safely dispatch at least 3000 CS to Candiel Fields to massacre them twice in a row (thanks to the walls I assume they have there).

They have stayed there so far, doesn't mean they have to continue doing so if Madina keeps pulling off that stunt.

Btw, were you inspired by Fheuv'n's attack on Fwuvoghor to go loot the islands of Rio? :P