Author Topic: How do I unlock the sub classes  (Read 4852 times)

xxkornfreakxx

• Peasant
    • View Profile
How do I unlock the sub classes
« Topic Start: November 26, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »
I use to play battlemaster a few years ago but did get to far into because i didnt have the time to put into it. I just recently started again. I currently want to switch my subclass but dont have access to it. I've been playing for 21 days now...in the wiki it said i'd be able to access them by now. I just need to figure this...my actions are limited right now.

xxkornfreakxx

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: How do I unlock the sub classes
« Reply #1: November 26, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »
Nevermind I found out what I needed on the wiki...sorry for that...it took me a bit. any suggestions on how to up my honour and prestige easily?

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 26, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
As a new player I have found that battle is nearly the only way unfortunately wars can be hard to come by so you may end up desperatly charging off to every undead and monster uprising for a while. Investments have been presented as an option but new players do not have enough money for investments usually. Courtiers can gain some through bureaucratic work but you have to have honor/prestige to become a courtier. Hopefully a more experienced player will have an idea...

Honestly, I have come to dislike the honor and prestige requirements for most classes/subclasses. I get why they are there for things like infiltrators, cavilers and heroes. I think it is pointless to have these requirements for priest, courtier, diplomat and trader. I honestly hate that my priest character has to spend a few weeks fighting battles first. Same thing for the diplomat, courtier, and trader. It makes no sense to me and makes some character concepts impossible. Enough of my rant though. I am curious to hear some other options!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 26, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »
If you would start in a realm at war with a close neighbor, trust me your h/p will be sufficient for everything within the month.
Rallying in a region that directly borders many other regions will also be a good strategy if the above is not the case, almost everyday a monster or undead group spawns.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 26, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
As a new player I have found that battle is nearly the only way unfortunately wars can be hard to come by so you may end up desperatly charging off to every undead and monster uprising for a while. Investments have been presented as an option but new players do not have enough money for investments usually. Courtiers can gain some through bureaucratic work but you have to have honor/prestige to become a courtier. Hopefully a more experienced player will have an idea...

Honestly, I have come to dislike the honor and prestige requirements for most classes/subclasses. I get why they are there for things like infiltrators, cavilers and heroes. I think it is pointless to have these requirements for priest, courtier, diplomat and trader. I honestly hate that my priest character has to spend a few weeks fighting battles first. Same thing for the diplomat, courtier, and trader. It makes no sense to me and makes some character concepts impossible. Enough of my rant though. I am curious to hear some other options!

I guess it's somehow a way to assure the noble that becomes trader/courtier/priest has acquired enough experience in game to be the most efficient without losing too much time in "basic" mechanics. It's clear that the more responsibility you've got, the more experienced you should be.

Moreover, in ancient times in order to reach high positions in the public career, young nobles had to spend some time in the military career. That way they had the chance to prove their loyalty and courage to their peers. And also... why so hurry? This is a slow paced game, enjoy it along the way.

egamma

« Reply #5: November 27, 2012, 12:58:24 AM »
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,3528.0.html

Here's a discussion on that very topic.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 27, 2012, 02:41:16 AM »
Nevermind I found out what I needed on the wiki...sorry for that...it took me a bit. any suggestions on how to up my honour and prestige easily?
For new players, join the home maintenance army and fight the monsters, undead.
This will help you a bit in honour and prestige.
Then the next step is join in to fight for your realm against another realm.

The longer you are in the realm, high honour and prestige wise, the more options you have access to. Hope this help.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: November 27, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »
Everyone complains about lack of wars.

Here's a novel thought: Change it. Start some wars. If your ruler doesn't want to, exchange him. This is a 100% player-generated problem.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 27, 2012, 11:28:37 AM »
Not really complaining about lack of wars. I agree, that is a player driven element of the game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 18, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
Everyone complains about lack of wars.

Here's a novel thought: Change it. Start some wars. If your ruler doesn't want to, exchange him. This is a 100% player-generated problem.

Everyone wants wars, but no one wants to lose them. This leads to detente, gang bangs, unbreakable alliance blocs and other such evils.

Sadly, there are few solutions to these problems that don't have to start in the community itself.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 18, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »
Everyone wants wars, but no one wants to lose them. This leads to detente, gang bangs, unbreakable alliance blocs and other such evils.

Sadly, there are few solutions to these problems that don't have to start in the community itself.

Seems like you got a little undead problem here sir. Don't worry, we'll deal with necro(mancer) and you'll be right as rain!