Author Topic: Bounties  (Read 6872 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Bounties
« Topic Start: November 27, 2012, 05:12:08 PM »
So I peeked at the bounty board recently.

And my character, Cyrilos, has the third highest bounty– and his buddy Kerwin is the top.

I understand the motive for stabbing Kerwin.

But why stab Cyrilos?

He has no office he can lose. He isn't particularly politically influential. He's annoying enough to merit a hundred or two hundred bounty to shut him up maybe... but a 1250 bounty? Really? Anybody want to fess up? ;)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Bounties
« Reply #1: November 27, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
My first guess would be that someone is either annoyed by something your other characters have done, or annoyed by something you have said on the forum.

Whether it's intended as a legitimate family grievance, or just someone out to get you as a player, I wouldn't care to speculate. ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 27, 2012, 05:46:39 PM »
... do people seriously dump 1,000 gold over an annoying comment?

That's some serious annoyance.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 27, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »
... do people seriously dump 1,000 gold over an annoying comment?

That's some serious annoyance.

Dunno (and I don't believe there's any way to check, even with admin access). I'm just engaging in good old fashioned wild mass guessing. ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 27, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
Misclick!

Or Riombaran agents getting revenge for Cyrilos' abandonment.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 27, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »
People beside infiltrators/assassin still check those? Wonder if I have one! How exciting that would be. Some extra training for my Character, bit of fun for rp. I could pin the assassin against the ground and listen as he squeals in terror, with one of my characters in his night cap and long underwear.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 28, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
I was surprised by it as well. Even that Kerwin is numero uno on the list. Seems I've made some enemies  ;D

Can't imagine why....  8)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 28, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
Misclick!

Or Riombaran agents getting revenge for Cyrilos' abandonment.

oooo... actually, I wonder– do bounties follow you when you emigrate? If so, maybe I had a bounty from back in Rio....

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 28, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
They do IIRC. Marche has had a 50 gold bounty on him since forever and I moved between Dwilight and Beluaterra.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 28, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Yes, bounties follow your character from island to island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 28, 2012, 09:03:21 PM »
Ah, that may explain Cyrilos' bounty then.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 03, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »
I was surprised by it as well. Even that Kerwin is numero uno on the list. Seems I've made some enemies  ;D

Can't imagine why....  8)

You're doing it wrong. Last I checked Merlin still doesn't have a bounty. What a sad day that is every time I check.

At least his brother on Dwilight was able to cause about 1k in bounties to get placed within a week. Merlin is just a family let down.

To answer the OP, I would definitely drop a bounty for comments I didn't like. Not really forum comments unless they were clearly IC written against me. As to 1k gold, that is really a drop in the bucket for most older characters. For instance, I can make whoever I want the highest bounty right now if I felt like it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Eirikr

« Reply #12: January 03, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »
I thought you were supposed to wait a little longer to necro a thread? :P

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 09, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
I thought you were supposed to wait a little longer to necro a thread? :P

Didn't realize this had died so long ago. I don't watch the dates much. I just post on something I see interesting after reading it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 04, 2013, 08:13:33 PM »
Aww, I have no bounties, guess I'll post one on myself so I can be cool too.