Author Topic: Spies-Who were the most successful ones?  (Read 6188 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Spies-Who were the most successful ones?
« Topic Start: December 02, 2012, 06:06:28 PM »
I know there are plenty of spies in the game but who were the most successful? (By spies I mean people who join realms to spy for a different realm, not an infiltrator.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:08:00 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Spies-Who were the most successful ones?
« Reply #1: December 02, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
The most successful ones are the ones nobody knows about and nobody talks about.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 02, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »
The most successful ones are the ones nobody knows about and nobody talks about.
Well, the rulers of the realm or whoever they were informing should know and as long as its a past spy, it doesn't matter to tell about them. That or the spies themselves  could post.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 02, 2012, 11:10:52 PM »
That one who spied on Arcachon for Arcaea. I forget the name.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: December 02, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »

Wilson?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 02, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »
Was there any specific info making him successful or was it a lot of info shared throughout the war.
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 02, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »
It was a combination of thngs. It was a long term thing. He was highly placed in Arcachon with good IC motivations. I understand that he helped out with some sabotage near the end. His final revelation shocked a lot of people.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 02, 2012, 11:26:50 PM »
My most successful spies were the council members of Alanna's regime prior to and following the Giask secession/civil war. (Pian en Luries/Dwilight)

Informed me of battle plans, and transferred me gold to aid in winning the war.

Note: The spying was very successful and was never caught. However, the war was not successful.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 02, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
It was a combination of things. It was a long term thing. He was highly placed in Arcachon with good IC motivations. I understand that he helped out with some sabotage near the end. His final revelation shocked a lot of people.
What was his final revelation? People being shocked at him being a spy or something.
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: December 02, 2012, 11:50:57 PM »
Well if Indirik is talking about Wilson, he was the leader of the rebellion. The saxons tried to TO Arcachon but some members gathered and initiated a rebellion to stop it. Wilson was our leader but it turned out Wilson was a loyal Sartanian who wanted to revenge his lost realm.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 03, 2012, 12:14:46 AM »
What Zaki said. I really don't know any details.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 03, 2012, 01:44:23 AM »
Was there any specific info making him successful or was it a lot of info shared throughout the war.

Wilson was actively spying on and sabotaging Arcachon for, if I recall correctly, three real life years, from the fall of the first Sartania.  He was the one who made sure that Tuhpos and other regions kept revolting so Arcachon couldn't hold Niel, which made Jenred invoke the treaty clause where Arcaea got Niel if Arcachon couldn't hold it, leading to the first (under Jenred) Arcaean/Arcachonian war.  He passed crucial information throughout every war since the fall of Sartania to any opponent of Arcachon's he could find via various Sartanian contacts, egged on the last Arcaen/Arcachonian war from Arcachon's side, and kept the rebellions in Arcachon going for at least twice as long as they would have otherwise, which is what finally crippled Arcachon enough that they could no longer effectively fight.

Absolutely brilliant.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 03, 2012, 07:45:09 AM »
Any agent of the Worst Case Council.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 03, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »
Sorry, I've retired.  8)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 03, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
I consider my char Alfons to be a pretty successful spy at a time. He joined Neo Grehk and became judge fairly quickly in the tiny realm, using the position of power and influence to convince the general to attack Vore (which was a city of the warring also tiny Fronen at the time). The attack was successful but at the moment of battle, my char turned around with his sizable unit and lots of siege engines and publicly invited the Old Grehkian army into the city, claiming some crap about disorder amongst the peasants due to starvation. He also joined Old Grehk and took part in the assault, all while the Neo Grehkians were fighting a casualty-heavy battle in a walled city. A long and messy TO followed and after Vozzessdor had 25k less peasants, he became Duke of it.

Then he did some stuff with that Duchy and started working against the government of OG but that wasn't very successful, except for the hurting OG part.

P.S.: Probably should've mentioned all the info-sharing he did whilst bringing these plans to fruition with any realm that he could benefit from. That's after all pretty much the thing that made him a spy... :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:06:52 PM by Lorgan »