Author Topic: Pausing differences  (Read 8582 times)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What happens when you pause a character?
« Reply #15: August 25, 2013, 01:50:53 AM »
It was a joke  :(

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 25, 2013, 08:23:21 AM »
It was a joke  :(
My apologies. There wasn't a smiley or anything to indicate such so it seemed serious to me.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 25, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
NO SMILEYS NO LAUGHS!

Advies keep their common items. I have no idea about uniques.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 25, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
There are now two kinds of pausing: a Vacation Pause, where you know you will be coming back to the character at a specific time, and a Cold Storage pause, where you are putting the character on ice indefinitely.

With the former, you keep (IIRC) guild memberships, bonds, unique items, and Marshalships.

With the latter, you lose pretty much everything but your character's stats, common items, and gold on hand.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 25, 2013, 11:16:47 PM »
There are now two kinds of pausing: a Vacation Pause, where you know you will be coming back to the character at a specific time, and a Cold Storage pause, where you are putting the character on ice indefinitely.

With the former, you keep (IIRC) guild memberships, bonds, unique items, and Marshalships.

With the latter, you lose pretty much everything but your character's stats, common items, and gold on hand.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 29, 2013, 03:46:15 AM »

Wait, with a Vacation pause Advies lose common items, but keep them in a Cold Storage pause?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 29, 2013, 03:47:38 AM »
Wait, with a Vacation pause Advies lose common items, but keep them in a Cold Storage pause?

No, neither type causes you to lose common items. There is nothing you lose with a Vacation Pause that you do not also lose with a Cold Storage pause.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan