Author Topic: Modification of southern Dwilight sea zones  (Read 10006 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Modification of southern Dwilight sea zones
« Topic Start: December 11, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
with the current map as it is....why would anyone want to sail from paisly to port raviel anyway?

go from paisly to raviel then go by foot to port raviel.

similarly.. port raviel<->farrowfield. or port raviel<->sallowtown

saves a lot of time.

win some. lose some...

Embarking costs gold depending on the infrastructure. What you propose forces one to build all of the harbors in Raviel instead of Port Raviel (which is stupid), or in both should you do Port Raviel-(Northern Cities) often, and adds an extra turn of travel because land roads take a minimum of 1 turn per region.

Cities should be the transportation hubs, the travel nodes. Encouraging people to split their harbor investments into a ton of townslands just serves no purpose at all.

Also, the yellow zig-zag lines are not entirely true, and thus misleading. The actual routes are a bit more tricky, but shouldn't really matter. Judge travel times, not paths that don't have any in-game meaning.

How are they not entirely true and thus misleading? Are sea travel times not based on centroids?

Most of the other sea zones create only minor distortions from what I could observe. The inner sea is where there are all the major distortions. The proposed changes I presented do not eliminate distortions, but they reduce them considerably, well-within the acceptable average found elsewhere.

Instead of feeling discriminated against, don't you see how much this makes your island realm MORE viable? Before you were tied to a small number of specific routes. A small alliance of realms could have easily boxed you in by taking control of all of them. Now you can go anywhere.

How do you figure this? Unless I'm mistaken, you said there were no such thing as blockades and naval battles. Whether there be 1 or 10 sea zones around D'Hara, I don't see how this changes anything as far as defense goes. All I see it doing is increasing intra-realm travel times dramatically.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron