Author Topic: Modification of southern Dwilight sea zones  (Read 10005 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Modification of southern Dwilight sea zones
« Topic Start: December 12, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »
i don't agree with that. take BT. i'm going to stick a harbour in avengmil, because that's where it makes sense. if you want to go the southern route via boats, then you go from Rines to Avengmil to take a boat. instead of embarking from Rines, then sail the long way around up melegra then down again.

if you take Raviel. It's obvious that you should stick a harbour there too. look where it leads.
laraibina, panafau, aveston, mattan dews, sallowtown, etc to the south and east, as well as paisly and all on the other side.

thus raviel to go sw/s/se/e, port raviel to go nw/n/ne.

gain so much as it is, so you lose port raviel<->paisly 1 hop trip. big deal.

how many harbours do you need in a single region? does stacking make things cheaper? i would have thought 1 is enough

also... until port raviel is the capital again, you won't even bother going there.

Not comparable... at all.

And I don't even see why on earth you'd bother. Both of your most important cities border the Sea of Four Cities, which is the only sea worth embarking to in your case. Sticking harbors in whichever is to be your permanent capital is the most logical choice, none of your other regions actually need a harbor (though you can put one in Melegra, there'd be no point to it).

And Riombara doesn't need to hop on a boat for intra-realm travel, because, you know, you aren't split up onto four land bodies?

Not to mention that there are no significant distortions in the sea zones around Riombara. They are all pretty much perfect, none of them force any kind of zigzag. Per linear mile, Riombarans will need to travel far less hours than D'Harans will. And yet, they'll also need to take the sea far less often.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron