Author Topic: Building palaces  (Read 1668 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Building palaces
« Topic Start: December 11, 2012, 03:55:25 AM »
Does the option to build a palace randomly appear for rulers, like recruiting volunteers or moving the family home for Heroes? Does the option only appear in the capital? And will the option appear if a previous ruler already built a palace in that city?

Zakilevo

Re: Building palaces
« Reply #1: December 11, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »
As far as I know, it doesn't matter if your predecessor built a palace or not. Building a palace will lower production by like 20 so make sure you talk to the lord of your capital before doing it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 11, 2012, 04:01:24 AM »
Does the option to build a palace randomly appear for rulers, like recruiting volunteers or moving the family home for Heroes? Does the option only appear in the capital? And will the option appear if a previous ruler already built a palace in that city?

Need a heap of gold on you too. I recall it appearing frequently when I had tons of gold on me, never otherwise.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 11, 2012, 04:28:33 AM »
I think the option appears whether you have the gold or not. But if you don't have the gold, it will tell you that the option is not available because you don't have the gold required.  (Or maybe that's for moving the family home...) Also, I believe you have to be in the capital to do it. You get a loyalty increase across your whole realm for doing it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 11, 2012, 04:39:24 AM »
But the appearance of the option is random?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 11, 2012, 05:58:01 AM »
The appearance of the option is, if not random, at least not consistent in a way I ever saw.  It rarely shows up, and yes, you do have to be in the capital.  Jenred saw it precisely twice in all the years he Ruled, though admittedly I didn't always check when I was in Remton.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"