Author Topic: Noble characters limit in a Continent  (Read 2992 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Noble characters limit in a Continent
« Topic Start: December 11, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
Hi!

I've been playing for a while my adventurer, and I've noticed that in the Actions page appeared this:

Things you can not do:
  • Change your Class - you already have the maximum number of nobles allowed on this continent.

While he has reached 6 Prestige and 10 Honour, he hasn't sold any unique item to any noble in the Continent (Dwilight), and so he hasn't got any recommendation yet. I was wondering if he manages to get these recommendations, couldn't he become a noble in Dwilight? Should he emigrate to another continent to do so? I've got a single noble character in my account, living in Dwilight.

I was just curious, my advy will have to wait anyway for a long time to sit down in a table among nobles  ;D

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Noble characters limit in a Continent
« Reply #1: December 11, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »
Hi!

I've been playing for a while my adventurer, and I've noticed that in the Actions page appeared this:

While he has reached 6 Prestige and 10 Honour, he hasn't sold any unique item to any noble in the Continent (Dwilight), and so he hasn't got any recommendation yet. I was wondering if he manages to get these recommendations, couldn't he become a noble in Dwilight? Should he emigrate to another continent to do so? I've got a single noble character in my account, living in Dwilight.

I was just curious, my advy will have to wait anyway for a long time to sit down in a table among nobles  ;D

Dwilight has a special rule that you are only allowed to have one noble at a time one it. When you get the three recommendations, the only way for your adventurer to become a Dwilight noble is to pause or emigrate your other character.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

egamma

« Reply #2: December 11, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
Adventurers can't emigrate. You can emigrate your noble to another continent, or your advy has to wait.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 11, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Thank you for the replies!

I had no idea that rule existes :o  It's a pitty, I expected my adventurer to become a noble in Dwilight and set an epic roleplaying reconciliation with his family... I guess they'll have to keep correspondence from continent to continent.

Another silly question: is that rule irrevocable or has there been some discussion about it? I guess many people have had in a certain moment some interest on enlarging their family in Dwilight.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 11, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
Another silly question: is that rule irrevocable or has there been some discussion about it? I guess many people have had in a certain moment some interest on enlarging their family in Dwilight.

There has been discussion of it from the first time it was announced, but it's not going to change.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 11, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »
And many of us are grateful that it won't change. It is one of the things that is most unique about Dwilight. It really makes the atmosphere of the island quite different from any other.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 11, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »
Thanks for the fast replies Indirik and Anaris. It's true that a rule like "a player=a character" is something nice to keep for a serious medieval atmosphere continent, at least for noble characters. Nothing else to add, guys.

Regards,

Ángel

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 12, 2012, 06:23:29 AM »
Thanks for the fast replies Indirik and Anaris. It's true that a rule like "a player=a character" is something nice to keep for a serious medieval atmosphere continent, at least for noble characters. Nothing else to add, guys.

Regards,

Ángel
Just to let you know, it's not so much a player=a character, but more that in other islands a single family can have a lot of power in two realms, which they then use to make the two realms closer for instance.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 12, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
I see. I guess a large and wealthy family could create a "dynasty" with enough power to almost rule a whole continent. Is there any example of that currently in any other continent?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #9: December 12, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
You can only have two characters per continent, excepting Dwilight.

egamma

« Reply #10: December 12, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
Also, you can't have your family in two separate governments on the same island.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 12, 2012, 08:44:30 PM »
Oh, by Penchant's post I thought that was something possible in certain continents. Anyway, it has to be difficult to keep two noble characters in the same continent in an isolated context that avoids them to work in a common direction.