Author Topic: Re: This should not happen  (Read 11833 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: This should not happen
« Topic Start: December 21, 2012, 04:45:51 AM »
The second paragraph still does not sound at all like what was described as OK on the forums. This may be a little closer:

If there's a tournament, don't point out how important it is not to go - just shut up. If you would like more traders in your realm or more infantry in the army, go right ahead and make the need known - as long as the message is to the realm, army, guild or religion as a whole and no one is singled out by the message. Don't make threats or imply threats if you don't get your way. Come up with a solution, like offering  in character incentives, that's your job as ruler or banker or general or marshal or whatever.

I also wonder why it is OK to incentive certain classes but not OK to provide an incentive to those who stay away from a tournament.

Why is this OK:

"Dear Realm, We need more Diplomats. Anyone who chooses to become a Diplomat will receive 200 bonds from me personally."

And this is not:

"Dear Realm, We need people here to defend out borders. I know there is a tournament but I will personally pay everyone who stays behind 100 gold."

Why???

I would say because non-diplomats help the realm efforts, whereas tournament attendees contribute very little (unless they win).

The first is therefore a reward for people who agree to become more useful, whereas the other is a reward for those who cease playing around. At least, that's how they are likely to be interpreted.

That's also partially due to the fact that the first request targets the very large majority of the realm who aren't diplomats, whereas the second targets a much smaller portion of the realm (attendees).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron