Author Topic: Re: This should not happen  (Read 11849 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: This should not happen
« Topic Start: December 21, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
"Everyone gets 100 gold. Except for you 5 people who exercised your inalienable right to go to not become infiltrators. You people don't get anything. Because you're not team players. You suck."

The unlikeliness of this scenario is what makes the difference. As I was saying before, and Anaris stated later, the odds of everyone but 5 people switching to the infiltrator class is extremely unlikely. But again, as I said again, if your realm already has all but infils save for 5 people, then it's not the same context at all.

It's basic psychology. If you are directly asked by someone to do something, even as a favor, you feel a lot worse for not doing it than if you are i a room full of people and being collectively asked to do the same thing. It's all about making sure that players don't feel any pressure to forego their IR.

Tom may eventually rule that as long as its done with incentives instead of threats, it's always fine. But for the meanwhile, that's not how I would rule in a magistrate case. I'd rule by the level of pressure exerted upon the individual into foregoing his IR. Because in my book, you can make people agree to ceding something in exchange for something else, without truly being happy about the deal. Someone could take the gold more to make you happy than because they want to or because they see the prize as being worth it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron