Author Topic: Accusations of abuse and general harassment  (Read 23786 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Accusations of abuse and general harassment
« Reply #15: December 22, 2012, 06:25:43 AM »
Please, call me Yangfan.

Yangfan it is, then, and I am Matthew.

I would like to note that this message was sent neither "repeatedly" nor "publicly". I was also very careful to never accuse Aaron (or anyone else in particular) of breaking the game rules or the Social Contract. My low opinion of certain unnamed person (or persons?) on the Dev team is out in the open now, but surely that won't come back to bite me in the future. ;)

My apologies, I misread the initial message dump.  I thought several of those messages were public, and only now on going back do I see that they were private messages.  I had initially thought you were stating them publicly, and he was responding privately, but now I see the "everyone in realm" text on a couple of your public messages, which suggests the others were private.

Which...Is a different situation altogether.

The IC incidents are not an issue except as they relate to OOC problems, so I am going to leave them aside.

Upon re-reading, what I am now seeing is only a public accusation of spying (which there is evidence for), a couple of public arguments that are well within the normal bounds of standard OOC disagreements, and some private messaging that, while nasty, do not violate the prohibition on public accusations.  Does everyone else read it that way (checking now since I so royally screwed up my first reading, heh)?

If that's true, then I return to what I noted in my first post, the threat to escalate the matter, which as Penchant points out and I agree, does not make sense in context of spamming requests, but does in the context of a Magistrates case.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:22:31 PM by ^ban^ »
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"