Author Topic: Family page available to anyone?  (Read 2204 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Family page available to anyone?
« Topic Start: December 24, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
I have always been under the impression that the family page in battlemaster could only be viewed by other people who have accounts. I see this is not the case though, as when I google my email address it shows up, and I can view the page even when I am not logged in.

Is this intended?

PS: I have also noticed that even though a person has their personal details turned off, their name still came through in an OOC message.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Family page available to anyone?
« Reply #1: December 24, 2012, 08:48:36 PM »
I can see my family page (http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=18770) quite fine.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: December 24, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »
It is intended to be visible to all.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 24, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »
Oh yea, I misread the initial post. Indeed, that's normal.

It can be kind of embarrassing to have a game profile like this pop up when your email is searched... but then again, many internet memberships will have similar effects. Don't use the same email for forums and games as you do for work and such.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: December 25, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »
You can also change your displayed email. You can log in with your current email but display a different one.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 25, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »
You can also change your displayed email. You can log in with your current email but display a different one.

Indeed.