Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 41433 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #135: January 09, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
Funnily enough, in the end both Terran and Kabrinskia ended up ahead, thanks to the rash actions of Asylon at the time.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: January 10, 2013, 12:18:27 AM »
Again, please refer to "Terran vs. Kabrinskia war"

Reason 753 why Terran rocks: we're happy to fight small-scale wars with limited aims.

This seems respectable to me. Not a 'friendly war', but one that keeps your idle nobles from getting bored as well as getting a chance to loot the hell out of a neighbor. Idle warriors will eventually either leave or try to usurp you, rich neighbors can hold power over you. There are more benefits to war than just land grabs and total destruction of your rivals.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: January 10, 2013, 03:24:45 AM »
However, the "limited war" is usually only possible with two neighbors who are of about equal strength, otherwise the side who is going to win will be looking to escalate it at fast as possible by bringing in other realms.

Hence why the Terran-Kabrinskia conflict was such a rare gem; they were of equal strength AND geography naturally limited the war.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: January 10, 2013, 03:36:06 AM »
And had neighbors willing to let them fight it out.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: January 10, 2013, 04:11:25 AM »
And had neighbors willing to let them fight it out.

And/or unwilling to have the war escalate.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: January 10, 2013, 10:11:36 AM »
Let's pause and look at East Continent. Once my favourite continent, I now think it is about the best example of what Battlemaster is not about. I admit I had my own hand in what EC looks like now - even greatly, maybe. But at least I put my balls on the chopping block and went for some crazy round of "let's see who's man enough". Turns out my realm wasn't. To the point though: have you looked at East Continent lately? I'm sorry. Peace Continent! Dobby, in conspiracy with some other courage-lacking rulers of realms there, are absolutely trying their best to keep all realms at peace. Perdan, Caligus, Sirion: your local threesome of peace! Surprises me they aren't growing weed yet or handing out shrooms to keep the players subdued. I recall Tom once called upon the Gods of this magnificent browser game and shook up the East Continent, because there was peace. I call upon him to do that again, rather sooner than later, so that this fine continent may once again know the burning of commonfolk and the plundering of cities, as it should be.
Hmm, I cannot speak for other continents that I not play on. Even Atamara island I not into it deep enough.

Okay, about East Continent. Yes, it has been pretty calm and peace all over this island. After the last war Caligus realm destroyed the new realm, Dunnera. But then again, what is war without rebuilding? My character in Nivemus realm has been in rebuilding lands mode. Wars caused devastation. When Sirion defeated SoA, the northern lands are pretty much in bad shape. Lot of buildings and infrastructure are destroyed, population need time to recover. Let us look at Armonia and Eponllyn. This 2 recent realms(seceded from fallen Ibladesh realm) are still recovering from war against Caligus, and the recent war against each other.

Remember, there is only calm before the storm. Soon the war will start again. There will be action soon, maybe you not in the loop? ;D

War->Rebuilding->War->Process Repeat

Add on. If you wish to do player-driven reset initiative, you are welcome to do this Empire proposal thingie that is currently being discussed IC and on forum. The island is Colonies, surprise? :P

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,3643.0.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:15:06 AM by Ketchum »
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)