Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 41499 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #30: December 29, 2012, 12:50:56 AM »
@D'Este: yup, sad timing. It's true I didn't do much to change it, though, but don't forget that I was in LN before and I did try back then, which only resulted in me OOC-ragequitting your realm. Looking back at it LN is probably the seed for this thread, but certainly not the subject.

There was talk of Riombara splitting in two at some point. OOCly, I think it will happen eventually and it will be good for the game, however my character will not abide the thought and will hate whoever causes it to happen.

Which is good. Tension and hatred leads to actual, meaningful wars.

Yes, that was my idea. Before and after I became ruler. But there was some protest against that and the main supporter, JPierreD, has vanished into thin air. By the way I'm actually rather worried about that player vanishing into nothingness and I would really love to hear that he's fine.
The entire splitting up idea fits in something that I wanted to apply to Ibladesh too, but I regret not doing: making each duchy a realm on itself. Ideally I would like to see inter-ducal wars enabled (within realms) but I understand that this is too much coding. I asked Santa to code it for me but he really is old fashioned and doesn't know much about modern technology. I strongly believe, and this fits perfectly with the "smaller realm" idea, that splititng up your own land will more easily lead to tension. You know, because Duke A thinks that adding a region from Duke B would just be marvellous! The problem is that I still want these duchies to be united under "the same flag", i.e. they form a realm although they are technically, according to the game mechanics, all different realms. You could do so through a federation but that beats the point of having Duchy A fight Duchy B (as it would get all duchies involved, something you do not want). Next to that it would demand some form of OOC-commitment to at least somewhat act as "one united realm" and for all I know humans are prone to lying and OOC-commitments kinda fall under the "clanning" thing.

Fighting these smaller wars may at the same moment also give each player the sense that he or she is more involved in the war, because his or her presence does make a difference. Nevertheless I fear that I will have to win the lottery first, before it will be coded into the game (yes I would totally donate enough money to Tom to see that happen).

@Penchant: good luck trying to revive your religion. If you succeed, can you please try not to be like most religions? Most of them focus on "POWAH MUST CONVERT THE EVERYTHING" and forget that a content-driven religion that is actively maintained will automatically lead to a greater base and more "success". There certainly are some beauties out there but they all need a lot of maintenance.
Ardet nec consumitur.