Author Topic: Duke Retiring/Duchy Renaming  (Read 1815 times)

Bendix

• Knight
    • View Profile
Duke Retiring/Duchy Renaming
« Topic Start: December 30, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »
So, the player of the Sarracenia Family, Jan Koomen, is leaving BM. His character in Armonia, Barzelli, has been a long-time influence on the Continent, and I would like to honor that by renaming the Duchy to reflect that.

I would like to rename it "Duchy of Sarracens". It wouldn't be the exact same name, plus the name change wouldn't occur until after the player has left the game, so there would technically not be a character or family to name it after. Would that be appropriate?

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Duke Retiring/Duchy Renaming
« Reply #1: December 30, 2012, 11:19:26 AM »
Usually I see Tim answering something like, "If it's in a grey enough area for you to have to ask, you should just let it be." 

Just because the character or family doesn't exist any longer doesn't mean it's not named for one or the other.  To honor them would encourage others to base names after characters or families.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 30, 2012, 04:22:09 PM »
If we have realms named after characters, I really have a hard time seeing why we have this rule for duchies...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 02, 2013, 04:42:49 PM »
One top of that, what is wrong by honouring a nation's hero?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela