Author Topic: Barcan Recruitment Bureau  (Read 10428 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Barcan Recruitment Bureau
« Topic Start: January 01, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
"So your little cousin/ brother/ nephew is growing lazy and useless among the commodities of an aristocratic family? It's time to show him what blue blood means and make him a worthy noble. Which in the Dwilight could be the best place to learn to work hard and fight to survive? Yes, one of those realms that don't exist any more... but... Which one could be another GREAT option to show them the worth of courage, loyalty and hard work? Yes, the Republic of Barca!

Bring us your relatives and you'll get them back as true noble men or women! Among our activities are included the monster hunting, construction of infrastructures, races before enormous enemy armies, and much more! They'll learn to develop their fighting, oratory, artistic, writing, eehm... everything skills!

So don't hesitate, help us to help you to help them, and glory to the Republic of Barca!"

Any volunteer?  :P

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:08:13 PM by Lychaon »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Barcan Recruitment Bureau
« Reply #1: January 01, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »
!@#$ yea!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: January 01, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »
LOL

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 01, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »
That's what you get when you put together Photoshop, holidays and BattleMaster... well, at least that's how it works for me  :D

It's a mixture of Lord Kitchener and Uncle Sam announcements, in a Barcan fashion. Haven't got any name for the guy yet.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 02, 2013, 03:07:03 AM »
Please tell me he'll have mildly offensive catch-phrases like "Kill a 'Dil: Buy War Bonds" or something.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 02, 2013, 04:20:12 AM »
Just be aware that none of this is remotely SMA, and thus it must all remain entirely outside the game itself.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 02, 2013, 09:54:13 AM »
Just be aware that none of this is remotely SMA, and thus it must all remain entirely outside the game itself.

I'm afraid I don't know what does SMA mean, but if the content of the picture doesn't fit to the fair use of the game, I apologize. It has been done by amusement, and with some funny graphic propaganda in mind, for the BattleMaster players community.

I would thank you let me know a little bit about "graphic limits" related to the game, as I enjoy doing this kind of pictures, and I'd like to have the opportunity to upload to the Wiki some of them someday.

Thanks!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 02, 2013, 01:54:55 PM »
I'm afraid I don't know what does SMA mean, but if the content of the picture doesn't fit to the fair use of the game, I apologize. It has been done by amusement, and with some funny graphic propaganda in mind, for the BattleMaster players community.

SMA is Serious Medieval Atmosphere, the rules and guidelines for play that everyone on Dwilight is expected to follow, or be forcibly deported.

If you don't know these guidelines, get yourself familiar with them ASAP.

It has nothing to do with copyright; the only rule there is that if you don't have the rights to it, you can't post it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8: January 02, 2013, 03:41:23 PM »
Because Uncle Sam and Lord Kitchener aren't from medieval times?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 02, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »
Because Uncle Sam and Lord Kitchener aren't from medieval times?

That's good enough for a start, yes.
Timothy Collett

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 02, 2013, 05:32:33 PM »
OK, it's all clear now! Anaris, I'm a scrupulous observer of the Serious Medieval Atmosphere while I'm playing and writing to my contacts IC. I know how does SMA work, but I didn't get the acronyms when you mentioned it.

Regarding to this topic, the text I wrote has been only shown here, in a comical IC way. I mean, while it speaks in something close to RP, it's clearly an imitation of what a "Fat Children's Camp" announcement could be.  :D The only spreading I thought for it was maybe for the Wiki (in a future, and if my realm-mates agree), and the Facebook BM profile, if the responsible members think it's appropriate.

Copyright won't be an issue, since I painted it; anyway, sorry for the mess, it's been a little misunderstanding.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 02, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »
OK, it's all clear now! Anaris, I'm a scrupulous observer of the Serious Medieval Atmosphere while I'm playing and writing to my contacts IC. I know how does SMA work, but I didn't get the acronyms when you mentioned it.

Regarding to this topic, the text I wrote has been only shown here, in a comical IC way. I mean, while it speaks in something close to RP, it's clearly an imitation of what a "Fat Children's Camp" announcement could be.  :D The only spreading I thought for it was maybe for the Wiki (in a future, and if my realm-mates agree), and the Facebook BM profile, if the responsible members think it's appropriate.

OK, that's fine then! Though for the Wiki, it might be wise to make a little note on it that it is not intended to be IC.

Copyright won't be an issue, since I painted it; anyway, sorry for the mess, it's been a little misunderstanding.

No problem. I just like to make sure that everyone's on the same page :)
Timothy Collett

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 02, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
I'm both impressed and amused.  Do you have a character on BT, or an open character slot?  I would love to get some good propaganda going for Quintarianism.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 02, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »
Send that poster around with your non-dwi characters. After all, THEY don't have to respect SMA. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 02, 2013, 10:58:03 PM »
Send that poster around with your non-dwi characters. After all, THEY don't have to respect SMA. :P

They do however have to respect IC / OOC