Author Topic: What religion to join?  (Read 21823 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What religion to join?
« Reply #30: January 09, 2013, 06:35:39 AM »
I'll plug in for the Word seeing as I founded it...

silly names? sure. but i think it's more fun. and its not like you can't have your own names for them or just say "God of X" as for Lucius joining The Word the holy leader was there not too long ago but left due to bleak prospects.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 09, 2013, 06:46:30 AM »
Don't join any of them. Instead, found a branch of Quintarianism on Atamara! ;D
I don't know which I want to do yet but could I use parts of it for a different religion or possibly make the religion but modify it?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 09, 2013, 02:19:29 PM »
I don't know which I want to do yet but could I use parts of it for a different religion or possibly make the religion but modify it?

Well, I obviously can't stop you, but I'd prefer if you didn't. I'd be happy to discuss the details of it with you—you've come on IRC before, right?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 09, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
The Word - Hab-b,  Guulnyztesantanib,  Gnchha ect. (seriously?)

Hab-b, eh? I recall a friendly noble of the Ash Sea Islands called Habab. Eventually he departed for Talerium on good terms and I remember he got heavily involved with the Word. I don't know whether he was a founder or just someone who joined in, but it's interesting to see how his name lives on! (Although maybe he's still around? It's been a while since I was active on Atamara...)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 10, 2013, 11:25:41 PM »
Well, I obviously can't stop you, but I'd prefer if you didn't. I'd be happy to discuss the details of it with you—you've come on IRC before, right?
I am on now if you feel like talking about it now.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 11, 2013, 12:20:31 AM »
Is Magma Serpaentism, or w/e it was called still around?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 11, 2013, 01:00:17 AM »
It still has several followers but it no longer is officially around.
― G.K. Chesterton

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: January 12, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »

Yes, they are still around in Carelia, hiding and waiting for an opportunity to attack those who destroyed them. Who knows what they have become...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 14, 2013, 06:54:52 AM »

The Way of the Warrior Saints - sleeping God / too many saints

It's awesome.

The Way has seen a lot of sedentary leadership in the past. It started out very dynamic, then settled down to a life of tolerance and moderation– I've been pushing for a more exciting approach for a while. Eston's impending defeat may just supply the impetus.

Point is– the proliferation of Saints are what make it fun. Make up a semi-nonsensical quote, stick it on a Saint, call it scripture and BAM! It's like an open source Bible right now. So there's all kinds of contradictory opinions and beliefs about what the Way even is.

But yeah, it is an odd religion in that its whole goal is to prevent God from noticing them.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: January 15, 2013, 02:22:06 AM »
And Galvez joined the Way. I win!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: January 15, 2013, 04:16:00 AM »
Boo!
― G.K. Chesterton

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #41: January 15, 2013, 05:18:21 PM »
The Way is easily accessible, and I want to explore why you think it is so awesome.

However -1 for its tolerance. Almost all other religion are either ignored or they are a variant. Not good.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 15, 2013, 08:09:55 PM »
However -1 for its tolerance. Almost all other religion are either ignored or they are a variant. Not good.

Like I said– the Way had an exciting start. Then it became too state-religiony. As you probably saw from my intro message, I'm working on giving it a bit of spice.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: January 17, 2013, 09:20:42 AM »
Like I said– the Way had an exciting start. Then it became too state-religiony. As you probably saw from my intro message, I'm working on giving it a bit of spice.

Depending on the what happens with Kerwin in the coming days/weeks maybe taking up the priesthood would be a very appropriate direction for his life?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 17, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »
Depending on the what happens with Kerwin in the coming days/weeks maybe taking up the priesthood would be a very appropriate direction for his life?

Oooo... fun RP: "disgraced king becomes itinerant priest."

We could Saint you when you die....