Author Topic: Influx of Players?  (Read 4387 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Influx of Players?
« Topic Start: January 03, 2013, 08:36:20 PM »
Barca seems to be getting quite a few new players lately - have any of the other realms received a similar increase? I recall a while back when the game was advertised on another gaming site and we saw a large influx over most of Dwilight, and I am wondering if something similar has happened recently.

Anyone know?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Influx of Players?
« Reply #1: January 03, 2013, 08:47:54 PM »
I don't know why,  but I can say Fissoa has also seen an increased influx. Over the past few months, even. The Statistics page seems to show a steady decline, though it's outdated of course.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: January 03, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
Did someone advertise BM on some forum or something? lol

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 03, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »
That Barcan recruitment ad? XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 03, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
That Barcan recruitment ad? XD

Haha, it would be funny to see new players because of that, but the last additions have been prior the publishing of the advertisement. And I haven't made any propaganda out of this respectable forum.  ;)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 12, 2013, 03:02:51 AM »
Well, there was quite an influx in the bay12 "Summerdale's Fall" period (me being one of them). Quite a few stuck around in different realms. There's also been a couple of people that have said they'll give it a go on the forums there, so that accounts for a few.

Strangely enough, I recommended BM to a friend of mine that teaches English to immigrants through TAFE (think: public college in Australia), so that they can play a free game that utilizes the lessons they've learned. Whilst it may not be the best place to learn to use everyday English, I thought it might be good so that they can learn more than n00b, gg, or pwnage. If you've noticed a fair amount of Spanish, South American or Russian joiners with Australian IPs, then a few of them may be due to that.

Yes, I will laugh my arse off if I go to Brazil, order a coffee and hear someone say "Thankyou good Sir, the pleasure was mine. I hope ye verily has the finest of days."

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: January 12, 2013, 04:03:22 AM »
Well, there was quite an influx in the bay12 "Summerdale's Fall" period (me being one of them). Quite a few stuck around in different realms. There's also been a couple of people that have said they'll give it a go on the forums there, so that accounts for a few.

Strangely enough, I recommended BM to a friend of mine that teaches English to immigrants through TAFE (think: public college in Australia), so that they can play a free game that utilizes the lessons they've learned. Whilst it may not be the best place to learn to use everyday English, I thought it might be good so that they can learn more than n00b, gg, or pwnage. If you've noticed a fair amount of Spanish, South American or Russian joiners with Australian IPs, then a few of them may be due to that.

Yes, I will laugh my arse off if I go to Brazil, order a coffee and hear someone say "Thankyou good Sir, the pleasure was mine. I hope ye verily has the finest of days."

I play BM to practice my english :). At least the game makes me write a letter every day. Writing something is always good :)

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #7: January 12, 2013, 04:17:39 AM »
Yeah, BM was a large contributing factor on my current english level.

Some people even ask if I lived abroad. But I promise I won't greet you with a medieval line! (well, I don't work serving coffee anyway).
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 14, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
I'm Brazilian  ;)

Besides most of commom people began to learn English in great centers because the Wolrd Cup (2014) and Olympic Games (2016), I believe you will still hear: "Aqui está seu café, senhor. Se precisar de algo, na minha mão é mais barato"  ;D

BM is great to learn English anyway. And take care with the beaches or you can hear: "You've lost, gringo! Give me the money!"
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!