Author Topic: Church of Sartan electing a new leader  (Read 21667 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Sartan electing a new leader
« Topic Start: January 05, 2013, 12:38:21 PM »
Letter from Selene Octavius   (4 days, 22 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in "The Church of Sartan" (43 recipients)

Fellow Sartanians,

I hereby announce how the next High Priest and Head of the Church of Sartan will be selected:

The High Priest is chosen by the Synod - a body created only a few years ago and very different from the old system of the elders deciding the next High Priest between them.

The Synod is composed of the following:

All elders of the Church of Sartan.
All lay-Cardinals.
One representative elected by the Inquisitors.
One representative elected by lay members of the Church - defined as those who do not fall into the above categories.

Prior to the start of the selection of the High Priest I will be adjusting the ranks of some people within the Church to reflect appointments that were interrupted by my imprisonment - for example the restoration of Sister Belruel to her rank of Inquisitor.

The voice of each member of the Synod is equal.

The High Priest must themself be a priest and therefore only a priest is eligible to be selected as the High Priest.

The selection will take place by each member of the Synod calling out the first name of the one they wish to be the next High Priest.  If a single name is called out by all members of the Synod then that person will be the next High Priest. If there is no complete agreement amongst the Synod then instead they shall discuss the matter for no more than two days or until they are all agreed to proceed - whichever comes first. The Synod will then again take turns to each call out a name. If two thirds or more of the Synod agree on a name then that person will be duly recognised as the next High Priest. If less than two thirds agree then the Synod will again return to the discussion stage before returning to vote again and this process shall be repeated for as long as it takes for Sartan to guide them to a final decision.

Tomorrow I will announce the members of each category within the Church and begin the elections for the representative of the Inquisition and the representative of the lay members of the Church.

May Sartan bless and keep you,
Selene Octavius
High Tribune of Sorraine
Dame of Anaos
Priestess of The Church of Sartan
High Priest of The Church of Sartan