Author Topic: Church of Sartan electing a new leader  (Read 21374 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Sartan electing a new leader
« Reply #30: January 18, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »
What's wrong with Aeneas?

He was the pacifist advocate that constantly argued with Caspius over the latter's eagerness for war and provocation.

I'd have Caspius rise from the dead right now, but I honestly don't know where you guys put him. I can't powergame and have him rise from the dead wherever I want him to. Anybody care to help?
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #31: January 18, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »
Only when there's an undead horde spawning.  His soulless husk can be leading them. :P

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 18, 2013, 10:29:15 PM »
Only when there's an undead horde spawning.  His soulless husk can be leading them. :P

You know, that would be pretty extraordinary to RP.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #33: January 18, 2013, 11:12:31 PM »
Though with all the Undead up and about, why have the people of the world Beluaterra's on not just opted for cremation?

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 19, 2013, 01:01:06 AM »
He was the pacifist advocate that constantly argued with Caspius over the latter's eagerness for war and provocation.
Because war and provocation seems to be working out so well for you guys?

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 19, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
Because war and provocation seems to be working out so well for you guys?

I'm going to put this simply, in an effort to have you understand: The god of war. THE god of war. The GOD of war. The god of WAR. THE GOD OF WAR.

Aeneas (and Selene behind him) was trying to argue that pacifism was the better road to follow, as to assure our survival. Caspius argued that we should have war and provocation, so we could make our god, who coincidentally is the god of war, happy.

Not every decision has to be practical or pragmatic. Things can get really slow, lame, and boring when that's about the only agenda you follow.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 19, 2013, 01:59:21 AM »
I'm going to put this simply, in an effort to have you understand: The god of war. THE god of war. The GOD of war. The god of WAR. THE GOD OF WAR.

Aeneas (and Selene behind him) was trying to argue that pacifism was the better road to follow, as to assure our survival. Caspius argued that we should have war and provocation, so we could make our god, who coincidentally is the god of war, happy.

Not every decision has to be practical or pragmatic. Things can get really slow, lame, and boring when that's about the only agenda you follow.
Because getting your religion destroyed is a great way to make your god happy. . . .

I understand where Caspius is coming from, though.  He's a True Believer.  Which, given the political situation, means that he is a danger to his religion's survival if he's in a leadership position.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: January 19, 2013, 03:08:05 AM »
It may not have worked, but at least we weren't sitting around on our asses for three years, dying of apathy, like some realms. When we're a shadow of our former selves it will be because of something we *did*, not because 50% of our nobles left out of boredom, like some realms.

I, for one, am sick and tired of being in realms that are boring, do nothing, and just wither away. Screw that crap. Even if we lose, then at least we tried.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 19, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »
Because getting your religion destroyed is a great way to make your god happy. . . .

I understand where Caspius is coming from, though.  He's a True Believer.  Which, given the political situation, means that he is a danger to his religion's survival if he's in a leadership position.

You obviously don't understand our god :P.

You know, I'm really surprised that no one told you this, Regent Morgan: 2012-08-16 Caspius Character died.
That was about 6 months ago XD.

It may not have worked, but at least we weren't sitting around on our asses for three years, dying of apathy, like some realms. When we're a shadow of our former selves it will be because of something we *did*, not because 50% of our nobles left out of boredom, like some realms.

I, for one, am sick and tired of being in realms that are boring, do nothing, and just wither away. Screw that crap. Even if we lose, then at least we tried.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. A million times yes.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #39: January 19, 2013, 05:57:36 AM »
I knew!  And usurped him. >.>

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: January 19, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »
I knew!  And usurped him. >.>

Okay hotshot, slow down there. One person glorifying themselves at a time.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #41: January 19, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »
Silence, Martyr, and go let your Divine-preserved corpse rise from the dead. :p

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 19, 2013, 11:57:53 AM »
Silence, Martyr, and go let your Divine-preserved corpse rise from the dead. :p

I don't know where it is!

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #43: January 19, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »
Not really...although I do play Aeneas and do enjoy it. Although for some reason I always have the tendency to come into power when things are a mess...
I would have gladly taken that burden away from you. But you insisted on inheriting this mess as well.

You obviously don't understand our god :P.
You obviously don't understand your own God.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 19, 2013, 02:37:59 PM »
Sartanism's willingness to shake things up is what makes it fun, however it needs to be done intelligently. Caspius' apparent policy of "attack first, think later" may have been fun for bored Sorrainian veterans, it wasn't for Sartanians outside the theocracy who desired some kind of political career. What makes a religion fun is successful conflict, and part of that is being a good diplomat to allow you to get away with religious wars on a continent where secularism is the ruling ideology.