Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 142792 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #30: January 10, 2013, 12:50:43 PM »
Starvation/travel distance/morale defeated the lurian armies, not your own collection of nobles with swords. And the only "accomplishment" you had during the war was not military, but diplomatically, promising matters you can't deliver to other realms to offer a distraction for the lurians.

I would like to congratulate you with taking back the desert though, that certainly was a loss for us.

We only lost it when we started to really push to expand westwards and reclaim all of our lost lands. None of us ever expected Luria Nova to be able to hold it back from us, after all of the failed Lurian attempts when we were actually there.

Distance wasn't all that great, really... Really, you have two ways to view this: Luria Nova is great, and D'Hara is even greater for standing up to them despite the massive starvation and the surprise attack, or Luria Nova is pathetic, and D'Hara is just at least slightly superior for still being able to stand up to them despite massive starvation and the surprise attack.

After all, even if most of the attacks had no significant impacts, at least D'Haran troops moved into Luria territory on many occasions. The most I've seen Luria advance is the desert, I think, or maybe a TL or two in Sallowwild. The most I figure you've went is perhaps a failed assault on Sallowtown, at most, if you even made it that far.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron