Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 140560 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #405: March 13, 2014, 04:01:27 AM »
D'Hara's main source of food is being overrun by monsters. It will be has been a difficult time for you guys.

Fixed that for you.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #406: March 21, 2014, 01:03:30 AM »

Rare painting of Rynn (left) and Machaviel (right).
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #407: March 28, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
So here's an update. Chernier deleted Machiavel in what can be best described as a ragequit.

I never thought that could happen
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #408: March 29, 2015, 01:41:33 AM »
So here's an update. Chernier deleted Machiavel in what can be best described as a ragequit.

I never thought that could happen

I winned?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: March 29, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »
When people ragequit everyone lose.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #410: March 29, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »
It was less a rage quit and more having had enough of the frustration of attempting to create activity in the game, and having the only result being people activity opposing you, then going back to sleep. There were some other odd elements to his complaints, like the bit where he felt pressured to horde multiple titles for each of his characters because there were in his opinion no one else capably of doing the job, but for the most part it was feeling that his efforts were wasted.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #411: March 29, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »
So, a rage quit then.

Zakilevo

« Reply #412: March 29, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »
So Chenier is gone forever?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #413: March 29, 2015, 11:04:37 PM »
So Chenier is gone forever?

Time will tell on that.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #414: March 30, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »
Too bad Chénier left.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #415: March 30, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »
I may lurk the forum now and then, but I have no intention on recreating my family nor creating a new one. I've been entertaining the thought of leaving BM for maybe two years now, and I did deleted most of my characters and pause my last one at one point, but I finally deleted my account this time.

I haven't had any fun playing BM in far too long. The people I enjoyed playing with are long gone, the people who replaced them I don't enjoy playing with. BM's culture has shifted and there is very little left of the team spirit that existed back when I joined in 2006. Without wishing to overglorify some of the attitudes of 2006, feels to me like the balance was achieved around 2009 and then from there things just started spiraling out of control.

BM is decaying. The playerbase is dwindling, and none of the desperate measures taken have succeeded (if anything they may have made things worse). There is no reason to believe that this downwards trend will do anything but continue. I therefore see very little reason to ever come back... the problems are with the community, but also structural. BM was designed for lots of players, and with the densities we are reaching, a lot of things are breaking down. I've never been so bored by military conflicts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #416: March 31, 2015, 06:12:00 AM »
I may lurk the forum now and then, but I have no intention on recreating my family nor creating a new one. I've been entertaining the thought of leaving BM for maybe two years now, and I did deleted most of my characters and pause my last one at one point, but I finally deleted my account this time.

I haven't had any fun playing BM in far too long. The people I enjoyed playing with are long gone, the people who replaced them I don't enjoy playing with. BM's culture has shifted and there is very little left of the team spirit that existed back when I joined in 2006. Without wishing to overglorify some of the attitudes of 2006, feels to me like the balance was achieved around 2009 and then from there things just started spiraling out of control.

BM is decaying. The playerbase is dwindling, and none of the desperate measures taken have succeeded (if anything they may have made things worse). There is no reason to believe that this downwards trend will do anything but continue. I therefore see very little reason to ever come back... the problems are with the community, but also structural. BM was designed for lots of players, and with the densities we are reaching, a lot of things are breaking down. I've never been so bored by military conflicts.

I agree, the only point I might add is that sometimes when you have a character for a long long time, that characters reputation affects how people deal with you in game. Over time the teamwork and comradery turns into enemies and political skullduggery and not always to your/ones benefit and it begins to drag down what you thought you were and what you end up actually becoming. Thats the very human side of BM, the flawed tragic heroes that started off so young and filled with ideals later to become broken old men.

I really enjoyed hating you ingame, It wasn't the way I wanted it to be. I think we could have been much better to each other. Thats hard to do in a game like BM sometimes. Anyways, it was good to have you in game. It would have been impossible for me to be the most awesome hero that I am without having such a dastardly villian like yourself  ;)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: April 01, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

This.

Happy April Fools everyone!

Love, the Ironsides Family ❤️
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #418: April 01, 2015, 02:05:55 PM »
Why do people have to make that speech about how the game is decaying and dying when they quit? Any game, any community, always same story.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: April 01, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
This.

Happy April Fools everyone!

Love, the Ironsides Family ❤️

I thought you were gone? Haven't seen you in a while. I missed you.  :'(

Why do people have to make that speech about how the game is decaying and dying when they quit? Any game, any community, always same story.

People have been saying this game is decaying for a while. I've been saying it since long before I quit. We've all have been saying it for years. I don't have an account anymore so I can't check the current statistics, but keep this in mind: in july 2007, there were more than 1700 players. Please tell me how many we have left now? And I don't remember when the game peaked, but I'm fairly sure I didn't snap that statistic right at the precise moment the game had the most players.

Some said I raged, I don't really care how it's seen. I am project-driven. I like to give myself impossible objectives, and then strive to see how much progress towards a ridiculous goal I can make. I didn't quit over losing something, I basically had all the titles I could have and, despite growing opposition, none managed to take it away. I quit because there was no progress in sight in any direction. I'd have probably had more fun losing than I had maintaining the status quo. I've always advocated that those at the top should be putting all of their efforts into creating fun, and I like to apply what I preach. But too much of the player base is schizophrenic. You ask them OOC what they want, and then when you try to do that IC, their characters come out lashing at you. You only get peace when you stop caring about them. If I want to rule like an autocrat with almost no interaction with anyone else, I'll just go play some strategy game against bots. I don't need BM to measure my e-peen by accumulating titles.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron