Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 142536 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #405: April 01, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
This.

Happy April Fools everyone!

Love, the Ironsides Family ❤️

I thought you were gone? Haven't seen you in a while. I missed you.  :'(

Why do people have to make that speech about how the game is decaying and dying when they quit? Any game, any community, always same story.

People have been saying this game is decaying for a while. I've been saying it since long before I quit. We've all have been saying it for years. I don't have an account anymore so I can't check the current statistics, but keep this in mind: in july 2007, there were more than 1700 players. Please tell me how many we have left now? And I don't remember when the game peaked, but I'm fairly sure I didn't snap that statistic right at the precise moment the game had the most players.

Some said I raged, I don't really care how it's seen. I am project-driven. I like to give myself impossible objectives, and then strive to see how much progress towards a ridiculous goal I can make. I didn't quit over losing something, I basically had all the titles I could have and, despite growing opposition, none managed to take it away. I quit because there was no progress in sight in any direction. I'd have probably had more fun losing than I had maintaining the status quo. I've always advocated that those at the top should be putting all of their efforts into creating fun, and I like to apply what I preach. But too much of the player base is schizophrenic. You ask them OOC what they want, and then when you try to do that IC, their characters come out lashing at you. You only get peace when you stop caring about them. If I want to rule like an autocrat with almost no interaction with anyone else, I'll just go play some strategy game against bots. I don't need BM to measure my e-peen by accumulating titles.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron