Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 142624 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #420: April 01, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
People have been saying this game is decaying for a while. I've been saying it since long before I quit. We've all have been saying it for years. I don't have an account anymore so I can't check the current statistics, but keep this in mind: in july 2007, there were more than 1700 players. Please tell me how many we have left now?
...snip...
But too much of the player base is schizophrenic.
Haha! Yes, you nailed it.

I'm still playing on an old NWN server and it's exactly the same there. People get butthurt, delete their characters and then write on the forums how servers were overcrowded in 2004 and how online dropped to 30 players because apparently everyone is retarded. :D

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #421: April 01, 2015, 04:11:24 PM »
Oh Chernier, whether you liked playing with me or not, I had such plans for Mach! Rynn was slowly rebuilding his powerbase and was going to use other nobles as mouthpieces to champion seemingly innocuous referendums until Rynn could build what amounts to a medieval class-action lawsuit in front of the entire realm and force Mach to resign as Margrave and Duke. I would have been ready by next week :-(

Now instead I have to RP Mach's burial and deal with your successor...Karibash.

That should be fun
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: April 02, 2015, 03:22:06 AM »
Oh Chernier, whether you liked playing with me or not, I had such plans for Mach! Rynn was slowly rebuilding his powerbase and was going to use other nobles as mouthpieces to champion seemingly innocuous referendums until Rynn could build what amounts to a medieval class-action lawsuit in front of the entire realm and force Mach to resign as Margrave and Duke. I would have been ready by next week :-(

Now instead I have to RP Mach's burial and deal with your successor...Karibash.

That should be fun

It's not so much that I hate those who go against me, but that I don't like to play solo. Which is kind of ironic, given how I tend to paint targets on my back (and forehead), but it used to be easy to get a bunch of people to tag along anyways, no matter how outrageous what I was doing was.

It's hard to appreciate the challenger when you don't appreciate what you are facing him with. I don't really leave with a gripe against anyone in particular. But kind of sorry I didn't make sure to promote people to proper ranks in my guilds and such before leaving.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: April 02, 2015, 06:46:39 AM »
It's not so much that I hate those who go against me, but that I don't like to play solo. Which is kind of ironic, given how I tend to paint targets on my back (and forehead), but it used to be easy to get a bunch of people to tag along anyways, no matter how outrageous what I was doing was.

It's hard to appreciate the challenger when you don't appreciate what you are facing him with. I don't really leave with a gripe against anyone in particular. But kind of sorry I didn't make sure to promote people to proper ranks in my guilds and such before leaving.

Most things done in haste lead to regrets.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #424: May 14, 2015, 04:08:06 AM »
Most things done in haste lead to regrets.

lol tell me about it

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: May 15, 2015, 01:22:52 PM »
The only regret I have is in having lost direct links for maps and stats.

I wasn't having any fun playing, any more, so I don't miss that. I have been playing this game for about a decade, though, so I am curious about how things unfold even when I'm not a part of it anymore.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #426: May 17, 2015, 06:57:48 PM »
The state of the game and especially Dwilight reminds me of the setting in almost any post-apocalyptic game. The Souls series in particular springs to mind as we see the decay of human society and the rampancy of monsters and undead throughout the lands. Sometimes this game actually embodies the feeling of isolation and loneliness really well.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: May 18, 2015, 12:49:47 AM »
The state of the game and especially Dwilight reminds me of the setting in almost any post-apocalyptic game. The Souls series in particular springs to mind as we see the decay of human society and the rampancy of monsters and undead throughout the lands. Sometimes this game actually embodies the feeling of isolation and loneliness really well.

Are you playing again? Losing you was lame. Come back and bring a whole bunch of trouble makers with you.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #428: August 19, 2015, 06:56:07 PM »
So apparently Rynn had a funeral? Anyone save the transcripts? :-(

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: October 19, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
The only regret I have is in having lost direct links for maps and stats.

I wasn't having any fun playing, any more, so I don't miss that. I have been playing this game for about a decade, though, so I am curious about how things unfold even when I'm not a part of it anymore.

Though hey, I seem to have found direct access to maps, now!

D'Hara seems, geopolitically, to be pretty much the same. Can't see the diplomacy table though. How have things evolved over the last few years? The Big Lurian Imperialist Threat seems to have kind of died out...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #430: October 19, 2016, 11:04:00 PM »
Though hey, I seem to have found direct access to maps, now!

D'Hara seems, geopolitically, to be pretty much the same. Can't see the diplomacy table though. How have things evolved over the last few years? The Big Lurian Imperialist Threat seems to have kind of died out...

We had a bad case of the Mayhems recently. We're still recovering :P

Ridder

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: October 21, 2016, 04:35:09 PM »
Dang, did Chenier and I return to battlemaster around the same time? Still trying to decide if I want to create a character in D'Hara again.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #432: October 21, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »
Dang, did Chenier and I return to battlemaster around the same time? Still trying to decide if I want to create a character in D'Hara again.

OMG look who's back! The one that everyone can blame for getting me started on this game

Zakilevo

« Reply #433: October 21, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »
D'Hara has been mostly fighting monsters. Same goes for Arnor, Madina, Fissoa, Luria Nova, Avernus, and Westgard. You can't really ignore monsters.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: October 24, 2016, 01:26:27 AM »

Well that'd certainly be something. Though I have yet to actually make a character (or even an account). ;)