Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 142438 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #450: September 04, 2017, 02:24:33 AM »
I really question their decision to go back for the Desert and Girich... With 19 nobles for 10 regions, they've now returned under the 2:1 ratio, which is likely to paint them back as a target for the next round of Monster Mash. Those regions are pretty worthless, too. Had they taken Paisly instead, they'd have over 2:1, and they could have used this peace time to build up fortifications to better protect the ports from any future onslaught. Same point applies to Sallowwild, though I don't remember if D'Hara actually lost that one.

Seems to me, looking at D'Hara, Arnor, Avernus, etc., a lot of people didn't take a cue from the last onslaught. Density matters, and it's gonna bit people back in the ass soon enough.
I agree with Chenier post above.

The density will see us all under rogue attacks again soon enough. I have been trying to attract nobles to Morek, in order to avoid Morek being painted as target due to character density. However there have been some undesirable or desirable characters(depending on which perspective you looking at) attracted as well.

Getting back to D'Hara. I can understand they can look towards retaking the east. It looks like the only way to expand. But overstretching the lands and in essence your defense where your army cannot move fast enough to tackle the rogue, may present a dilemma. Should you beef up the militia in these lands far away from your army reach? Build up defense(wall, militia) and do not expand over the sake of your ability to defend. Take example of Morek. We lost Nimh and we did not retake the region until we fully recruited the army and rebuild militia in Aegir Deep and Muspel. We even lost Mark to rogue at one point, very hard to spell that region first name. We took our own sweet time to retake it back. We even drop militia in Mark but apparently rogue crazy force is crazy indeed to overwhelm them. So the militia defense purpose is only to thin down rogue force, not for defend the land.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)