Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 142085 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #450: September 26, 2017, 01:53:51 AM »
There's definitely a much lower investment in regards to time and effort being placed. I was in high school when I joined, and now I'm expecting my third child and running my own business. You've got kids too, and I suspect a lot of us do.

But it's more than just that, the culture has shifted. When I quit, I wasn't just annoyed that people weren't going along with my schemes anymore, but that opposing them was the *only* thing they bothered to do. I'd have been quite content to see a counter-movement growing to bring things in an opposite direction of what I was pushing for, but instead people would just return to their slumber as soon as I stopped. It burnt me out. While a few years earlier, I had managed to recruit a bunch of people to start ritualized human sacrifices, and before that I had tagged along with others' non-conventional plans. Worth mentioning the Bloodmoon fruit again, a bunch of people started promoting the spiritual use of a fully made-up psychotrope, and then a bunch of us started our own "war on drugs" around it, drafting laws to create a monopoly on its production, roleplays about developing non-psychotropic varieties, etc. These aren't things that require a lot of people to invest a lot of time to get going, they just require enough people to care and then merely vocalize their care, even if it's a one-line letter. Guys like us, we used to write pages of RPs about this stuff we were really passionate about, but this kind of stories would still be possible without as much investment as we put in back then.

I loved the anti-drug 'war on drugs' roleplay, It really helped to bring together different cultures in Dwilight and it helps to have opposition in RP, drama and skullduggery. That being said, I have 2 kids now, I work 10 hour days and I balance and juggle my time on BM checking up and moving my troops and perhaps a snippet of RP here and there but to be serious...Time has abandoned me, the days just fly by busy. I started playing BM in my late 20's... I am 40 now. I still love this game, that is rare, I have been a gamer since the 90's and I rarely play any of those games, BM is beautiful and deserves better, its a fantastic game that foretold Game of Thrones before that was even popular, the stories this game has wove could create epic movies, the characters as rich as any ancient epic. I really enjoy the battles and fights we have all had these years.
We live lives in beautiful lies...