Author Topic: Stealth mode for unitless infiltraitors  (Read 34728 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth mode for unitless infiltraitors
« Reply #15: January 07, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »
:o That long ago? Wow.
What exactly is plausible deniability? I read it a lot on the forums, but I didn't get it. Is it just RP related, like saying that you didn't do it or something?

If there's 25 people in the region from 4 different realms, how would they know you did it?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 07, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »
If there's 25 people in the region from 4 different realms, how would they know you did it?

And how often is that? Mostly its not many nobles in a region which is away from the main "roads". Seriously, its not possible to stay an infiltraitor in a realm which is not at war if you want to remain active. ALL times you will be responsible. As you can see who is in a region even without scouting.

Current way does not make sense to me. If you are going to assassinate somebody, then you will change clothes and hide. Stay away from main roads. Travel alone. Instead of parading around like a normal noble. If a noble can not stop parading, then he can not be infil. Current way just does not make sense to me.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 07, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »
My infiltrator has stabbed multiple other nobles, and started a couple wars. No one even has a clue that he's an infil, as someone else has always taken the blame for it.

So, yeah, it is very possible. You have to be smart about what you do, and resist the urge to randomly stab someone every time you walk into a new region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 07, 2013, 04:49:52 PM »
Don't think Ezio Auditore, think Mata Hari.

And don't expect infils to ever become a class with a high fun to effort ratio... or else everyone would want to be one :)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 07, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »

Mata Hari was an informant, I don't think she has been accused of killing anyone.

Rather, think of the Kennedy assassination. Or, to take a more period-appropriate example, of the Princes in the Tower (Richard III). Certainly someone killed them, but it could be any of very many possibilities.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 07, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »
Varys or Littlefinger from game of thrones.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 07, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »

And don't expect infils to ever become a class with a high fun to effort ratio... or else everyone would want to be one :)

Yeah lets take out the popular features of Battlemaster and then wonder why people are quitting this game.

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 07, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
Varys or Littlefinger from game of thrones.

One cowardly informer and one cowardly awesome player of the game. Rather, think Arya Stark  ;)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 08, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »
technically... ninjas aren't really assassins XD first and foremost they gather info.
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 08, 2013, 01:59:10 PM »
And how often is that?

Never, because 25 nobles in a region makes infil actions quite harder.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: January 08, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »
My infiltrator has stabbed multiple other nobles, and started a couple wars. No one even has a clue that he's an infil, as someone else has always taken the blame for it.

Ok Indirik but you should keep in mind that your char trained both infiltrating and swordfighting skills till 80% at the academy, something only a handful of nobles can afford to do. The average infiltrator commits many completely useless infiltration actions because he wants to improve, so your example is a bit the exception.

Regardless, I do not see a huge problem with the way infiltrators work now. It involves more than simple clicking, just as basically everything in battlemaster.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 08, 2013, 02:37:48 PM »
Well, not quite 80. More like 65 at the time. ;)

I do understand what you mean. But even so, you need to be careful about what you do. Don't act foolishly just because there is something you can do.

Under the old system, infiltration was mostly "train to 60%, then do whatever you want." If you return to invisible infils, you're going to return to that same "train to invisible" threshold for infiltrators.

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 08, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
Well, not quite 80. More like 65 at the time. ;)

I do understand what you mean. But even so, you need to be careful about what you do. Don't act foolishly just because there is something you can do.

Under the old system, infiltration was mostly "train to 60%, then do whatever you want." If you return to invisible infils, you're going to return to that same "train to invisible" threshold for infiltrators.

Being careful requires doing actions just before turn change. And even that will not guarantee success if the region you are moving into is enemies region. Because if you can be tracked, nobles shall not believe anything. If you are close to the region where someone was attacked and you are only one from external realm. You are to be blamed.
Btw, my infil is 75 - 80% at both skills.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 08, 2013, 04:21:24 PM »
So make sure you aren't the only foreign noble there. Or escape to a region owned by another realm. Or find an accomplice to help cover your actions. Or wait for a more opportune time.

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 08, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
So make sure you aren't the only foreign noble there. Or escape to a region owned by another realm. Or find an accomplice to help cover your actions. Or wait for a more opportune time.

In essence that is exactly correct in my opinion, but when I read it I don't know why it just popped into my head, but I though 'Oh sure, take an infil from Hammarsett and one from MI and go assassinate someone from CE. Not like to help much, besides killing both realms.' Atamara reference though, so it's hard to get if you haven't been there. I just can't wait to become an infiltrator though.