Author Topic: Stealth mode for unitless infiltraitors  (Read 35377 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth mode for unitless infiltraitors
« Reply #75: February 05, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
A bit insulting, but fine. It is not MY expectation. It is the expectation given by the game text/wiki and ones understanding of reality.

No. It is not the expectation given by the game text. It is the expectation given by your fellow players.

I would note that the Assault option's text explicitly says:

While you are not a trained assassin, you know enough of both stealth and fighting to ambush someone.

(Emphasis mine.)

Sure, I know very well that infil attacks simply do not kill and as a player I would never expect it to happen. At the same time, the wiki/text conveys, in my opinion, a different message. One of killing. One can also look at this with an IC/OCC split. OOC I know that infiltrators can not kill. IC, I simply have to wonder how in all these years not a single noble has been assassinated.

Find me quotes in the game text and wiki that support this with more than vague allusions to attacking people, and I will reconsider my position.

As it stands, though, I believe you have simply been misled by the many people playing the game who want Infiltrators to be secret shadow ninja assassin killerz.

In the end it does not matter much to me. I do not play infils, the game rocks and I will keep enjoying it. Perhaps the help/text could be streamlined a bit but that is up to the dev team to decide.

I have already added a line to the text an infil sees when successfully assaulting a noble that clarifies that the noble does wake up and attempt to defend him/herself, and clarified in the Wiki that the only actual assassination infiltrators can do is of militia. Not nobles.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan