Poll

Is the proposed Empire a good way to restart the Colonies while holding to player driven content?

Lukon has won...lets do the player driven reset...
7 (19.4%)
It seems a good way to draw more players to the Colonies
7 (19.4%)
The Hendrix family and Lukon are the sons of monkeyless goats!!!!!!!
7 (19.4%)
Go home Lukon...your drunk
9 (25%)
The Colonies have been boring & this will provide a solid change with no threats to realm distruction.
6 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Empire of the Colonies  (Read 18067 times)

EnderFate

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Empire of the Colonies
« Reply #15: January 11, 2013, 02:56:21 AM »
Wow, as an old-timer player just getting back into the game, I'm glad to see these discussions.  And I'm not surprised to see that Lukon has come to further their domination of the Colonies though that was the reason why I chose not to place a character there - would be too boring. 

But maybe if Alebad gets resurrected, I will regain interest in these lands again. 

Valast, I don't know if you remember me, but I once ruled the lands of Alebad and our realms sparred.  This was sometime before Alebad was utterly crushed by your forces (and Oritolon's). Good times :P.  And glad to see some familiar faces still alive and kicking in the game - I sincerely regret losing my old account now!

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 11, 2013, 04:56:32 AM »
I remember Ender.  Anomalous had many disappointments with him.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 11, 2013, 05:00:03 AM »
Of course I remember you.  hehe good ole times.  Welcome back...  where are you playing at?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 11, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »
Hmm, Ender sound very familiar. Oh yes. The former Alebadian. Er, I only remember this much, need find back realms history books :-[

Ender, you really should come back. The Empire idea will create many new realms, your old realm Alebad city will have new realm too. Still there is a long way to go. Lot of discussion going on in every realm I can imagine that ::)

Assassins economy for bounty? I love that. I been wondering whether I should exchange my character to join Assassins instead. Thinking Assassins could become the center of Colonies full of religion activity and infiltrators. That is up to the Assassins Ruler but it could be fun. Think about the possibilities.

Ender P/S: Valast is dead IC, now it is his beautiful barbarian daughter, Valakyrie ruling the Lukon Barbarian Horde. You can try marry her as start when you return :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 11, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »
The Assassins did well as a realm when they were just two regions, stayed neutral relations to everyone and just took bounties (either from the bounty board or negotiated contracts). I think the problem came when another realm decided to try to destroy them so they had to break their neutrality stance and get an ally to ensure their survival - and Outer Tilog has always been anti realm destruction as it removes a a food source from our markets...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 11, 2013, 04:03:04 PM »
I remember hiring the Assassins during the Colonial War I... They were ripped off in the end... I was to pay gold for every level of fortifications destroyed and also flat rates and bounties on all assignations.

The problem was, Infiltrators would get caught and banned.  Then when they continued to go after the money offered they were killed by Portion.  Once that happened it drew the Assassins in on Lukon's side of the war.

I think with a little bit of Imperial infrastructure and planning along with some reasonable understanding by all the realms that will be in the Colonies, we can see the Colonies become a place that Infiltrators will be able to play again.

Right now the Colonies are the laughing stock of the game.  It is the place no one wants to get banned to because infiltrators have no welcome and it is rather boring.  BUT if we can provide a good training ground that will let young infiltrators learn the trade without killing them off... then we will start to have a few more nobles around us to hold estates.  On top of that, if the players of those infiltrators like the new Colonies layout then they may bring another character along...

The idea is simple: Provide a structured way for infiltrators to work in the society that allows them to target those on the bounty board or those who have hired the assassins to join in a war.  Then provide a way for infiltrators to pay a realm to lift a ban that has been put in place.  The realm gets a little gold for its trouble and the infiltrator who is caught does not end up banned from every realm.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 11, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »
The Assassins have a pretty good history section on the wiki btw:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Assassins_history

Someone needs to include the more recent history though (I can't because I don't know their recent history)

Elkon77

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 12, 2013, 12:27:21 AM »
Well are you considering a reset just for the reset or being part of a living word! All those years with "living" persons identities roleplays go straight to the dump just for a reset?
Then ask tom to do a reset and start with the old realms just from the beginning.
When you live in a living world you respect history.
So splitting up Lukon, Oritolon, Outer Tilog, what is the point of this?
Being part of a realm with no history at all, just serving strictly game mechanics, what is the point of this?

the same way why dont we do an empire to every world Atamarra, or East Island?
The game isnt only just wars and regions and prevailing....
Should Lukon prevail as it al seems to be let it prevail...

Lets think about in game also people... Cmon...

And one last thing... Ive been in the Colonies from the start.... I admit i stopped playing for a while due to work and high responsabilities but when i came back my first thought were the two realm where i found my self more bond 2. Oritolon and Perdan (and Darka but that is another matter !). Why? Because i felt it... I knew i belonged...

Anyway... If this thing is going we will see how it ends up

Yours Trully,
Dimitris

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 12, 2013, 02:34:18 AM »
Elkon!  I did not know you were still around.  http://195.130.70.132/oritolon/index.html

Why would we ask for a reset when we are doing just fine keeping to our history as we are doing right now?  History is about always moving forward with player drive things... in this case, the colonies are dieing and Lukon for one needs more nobles.  To get more nobles Lukon knows it must create opportunity for young nobles... so they are.  They are using the power they have gained to make this happen.  They just happen to be doing it by making an empire that will help to unite everyone under a couple simple ideas.

The thing is...its not set in stone.  it can be and will be changed by players.

But to say we should just ask for a reset with the original realms goes against what you have said about history.  The way Lukon is making this happen is history in the making.  An admin reset is just that...an admin reset

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #24: January 12, 2013, 04:25:36 AM »
Alowca was starting to whoop Oritolon.  Things could have actually gotten interesting in the south.
Lukon came.
Minas Thalion was pummeling Oritolon.  They had driven the Duchy of Alowca rogue already, and their only claim in the war with any substance that they would pursue was the duchy.
Lukon came.
Lukon decided to build an Empire, one in which the current proposal has everyone going to one city.  The Assassins didn't want to hail to an Emperor, and only had one STRONGHOLD, crappy income at that.  They should be okay and balanced out with everyone else, right?
Well, Lukon came.

Lukon is coming.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #25: January 12, 2013, 04:43:28 AM »
Aside from the tiny joke, I thoroughly support this planning, discussing and even the idea itself.

I've never played on the colonies, but just to think that there might be so many players joining their heads together to change the playing environment for the best, with an idea that won't involve putting other players through a lot of pain (like realms who are wiped out). It sounds great. Makes me want to join you, even if this never goes anywhere.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 12, 2013, 05:04:33 AM »
The Assassins have a pretty good history section on the wiki btw:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Assassins_history

Someone needs to include the more recent history though (I can't because I don't know their recent history)

Great history!   Wish Lukon had one like that...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 12, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »
Infiltrators aren't what they used to be, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 12, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »
Infiltrators aren't what they used to be, though.

It has been a while sense I last payed attention to them.  Have they changed to be weaker?  Or is it more of an environmental thing where it has become harder for them to train to proper levels?

One thing I hope to see in the Colonies is a chance for characters to be able to train up and become the best of the best at things. 

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 12, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »
Infiltrators are now visible, so in order to enter enemy lands with one, without raising suspicions, you have to come up with some sort of excuse for your being there. Something like "I am here as a diplomatic envoy" or "I have come to trade food". It makes an infiltrator's uses more situational... and in the case of the Assassins realm, they're probably screwed, since anyone from the Assassins travelling abroad would be automatically suspect, regardless of whether they have a ruse or not. That's just theory though, it could be that people don't always pay enough attention to region info and that an infiltrator could slip by due to their what's the word... laziness.