Author Topic: Burning down shrines  (Read 2250 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Burning down shrines
« Topic Start: November 04, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »
If you have a unit, and you are in a religion that considers the shrine's faith as evil, then you can go in enemy lands to burn them.

But what if the shrine is in your own realm. Or even your own region? Is there any other way to destroy shrines?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Burning down shrines
« Reply #1: November 04, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »
I seem to remember this discussion coming up a couple of times over the years...

...though I don't remember there ever being any good answer to it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 04, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
I seem to remember this discussion coming up a couple of times over the years...

...though I don't remember there ever being any good answer to it.

Same here.

Can you burn evil shrines in allied territory?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 04, 2012, 07:34:51 PM »
If you have a unit, and you are in a religion that considers the shrine's faith as evil, then you can go in enemy lands to burn them.

But what if the shrine is in your own realm. Or even your own region? Is there any other way to destroy shrines?

You can defo destroy shrines in your own region, i am just not so sure if its a lords only option or an option for every troop leader, i believe its the later.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 04, 2012, 10:49:38 PM »
You can defo destroy shrines in your own region, i am just not so sure if its a lords only option or an option for every troop leader, i believe its the later.

I don't recall this being possible. Temples can be closed or raided by the lord, but I don't remember seeing such an option for shrines, which means that if you fail to destroy shrines before taking over a region, you likely will never be able to destroy it as far as I know.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 04, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »
I don't recall this being possible. Temples can be closed or raided by the lord, but I don't remember seeing such an option for shrines, which means that if you fail to destroy shrines before taking over a region, you likely will never be able to destroy it as far as I know.

I geuss Timothy is right. :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #6: November 05, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »

I believe it's a random option for the Lord of the region, but I may be mistaken.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 05, 2012, 05:02:28 AM »
can't say i've ever seen it as a lord. then again.. haven't done proper religious war for years.
firefox