Author Topic: The Dwilight Experience  (Read 17489 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwilight Experience
« Reply #15: April 08, 2011, 08:25:09 AM »
Heh, Dwilight is a rollercoaster for everyone. I think we can all tell stories of broken dreams and fresh hopes, of RP threads made and destroyed.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 08, 2011, 08:26:05 AM »
I joined Shadovar a few turns before the D'Hara split. An interesting way to start off on a new continent.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 08, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »
I had Myern crumble around my character right when he arrived, his unit killed off the first night. In the time of crisis he got Judge in just a few weeks time, and the events that followed defined his personality :)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #18: April 08, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »
Heh, Dwilight is a rollercoaster for everyone. I think we can all tell stories of broken dreams and fresh hopes, of RP threads made and destroyed.

THen let's do it! I, the one and only heretic of SA, request that this be so! Woohoo!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 08, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
Let's see... Amaury started off as a 17 year old greenhorn in Caerwyn, left after a short while due to disagreements with how the realm was run (and also out of sheer boredom), joined Pian en Luries during a tournament, became Vice-Marshal of the Silver Shield of Askileon but in reality pretty much led the army himself due to an inactive Marshal, became Count of Ciarin Tut at age 19, launched a smear campaign against a seditious Duke, then became General at age 22, successfully commanded the defense of the borders from Monsters, spent a week in a rogue prison, got reappointed as General, then got appointed Duke of Askileon at age 24 after Proslyn vanished, became sponsor and Marshal of the Silver Hammer of Tyr, started dabbling in politics hoarding food for himself and letting other duchies fend for themselves, became General again and led an army that was supposed to destroy Myern, got beaten to the punch by monsters, held a tournament to celebrate their downfall, became the most prestigious noble in PeL, became a driving force in getting rid of Brom and Loathin, led the campaign against the Giask rebels, snuck a 10k army into their capital through the back door ending the war, got betrayed by another Duke trying to overthrow the Queen, got exiled, fled to Astrum, organized the revolt against the Queen and came back right when Giask seceded, became interim General of Luria Nova, and if all goes well, should become its ruler in the near future...

So yes, it's been quite the roller coaster so far...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #20: April 08, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
Garret arrived in Shadovar, did some bureaucratic work but there were too many bureaucrats or something (This was during the old class system). Then he scouted the west that was at the time still under black fog. Then he went to Golden Farrow to try to get food. Then he went back to Port Raviel. Then rebellion happened. He left for Morek, and participated in a few battles and joined Sanguis Astroism. Then he joined Aquilegia. Then he was proclaimed a heretic. He left after failing a rebellion against a self-admitted multi-cheater (Twinblade + about a dozen others, check the wiki page detailing his admission here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Talk:Twinblade_Family)

Of course at the time I didn't know he was a multi. Anyway, then Garret went to Ordenstaat and then he got banned. Then he became a (rogue). Now he is not (rogue).

Awesome story yeah.  ::)

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 08, 2011, 02:49:05 PM »
I like Dwilight as it is, full of rogues and a constant survival struggle, even if there is no war you have always something to do and I think players should focus on spreading civilization as it's like a collective goal so the fun does not depend only on humans fighitng humans

I just would like to have more time (and to write better in english) to write down stories and chronicles on what happens on this continent (kind like the Dwi University)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 08, 2011, 03:31:38 PM »
Zip!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:16:03 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 08, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
Hireshmont II arrived in Madina, looking to colonize the west. He quickly joined Melodia, and became an early leader of it: Judge at age 17. He participated in the rebellion there with Quintus Scarlett, then Melodia was destroyed by monsters. Fled to Madina again, tried to recolonize Paisly. Then, Terran was founded by Caerwynians. Hireshmont led the exiled Melodians north, and they joined Terran. Quickly became lord of Gretchew by age 19. By age 20, Duke of Chesney. Has since methodically built a huge political power base, travelled the continent, joined tons of guilds, and co-founded a religion. Arguably the most influential person in Maroccidens, and almost certainly the wealthiest.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #24: April 08, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
Arguably the most influential person in Maroccidens...
Lets ask how our allied rulers think about that?  ;)

...and almost certainly the wealthiest.
Can't argue that..
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 08, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »
Mine may not be as exciting as others, but my first character on Dwilight was in Everguard, which then promptly fell into a civil war and was overrun by outside realms.

Needless the say, I didnt stay for very long and ended up next door in Astrum where I'd been trading when the whole rebellion started.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 08, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »
Vesuvis has been in Morek since the almost beginning. Although lost an election to Ordermarshal to a certain man named Horus, was appointed Marshal of an army of Morek. Eventually after Horus retired Vesuvis was elected Ordermarshal for some time. Although his time on the seat was frequently off and on. Led an expedition to Flowrestown appointed as duke. The following rebellion in the realm against Garret failed (I remember the multi-cheater's main character appeared prior to this, but played very little part in the rebellion). Fled to Morek and led expeditions to reclaim Aquilegia. Fought in wars against Libero Empire and the Raiva. Returned to Flowrestown to be appointed the Duke. Suffered an anti-climatic end after I paused him and he retires to Flowrestownb (or donghaiwei with his wife).

My next character was created in Asylon. Hopefully her story will be much more exciting.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 08, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »
Lets ask how our allied rulers think about that?  ;)

I didn't say most powerful, I said most influential. I have a hard time seeing anyone other than Marche, or maybe Vigilans, being more influential that Hireshmont.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #28: April 08, 2011, 09:59:31 PM »
Making claims about how one's own character compares in the grand stage, especially when the grand stage is composed of other characters, as well as oneself, invites contention. Usually it's best not to brag about ourselves. If our characters want to do it, that's their choice. As players, we should let our characters speak for themselves, and intervene mostly to clarify things if necessary.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 08, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »
I didn't say most powerful, I said most influential. I have a hard time seeing anyone other than Marche, or maybe Vigilans, being more influential that Hireshmont.

I believe it's a pretty solid claim. The Senator of Chesney has been behind a lot of things. The fact Marche tends to contact the Senator of Chesney earlier then Vigilans or include them both whenever he wishes to discuss something with Terran, is a good example of this.