Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 179744 times)

Thalryn

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #195: January 12, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
Oh noes!

I'm on the team of trying to not let your ridiculousness run rampant.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: January 12, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »
I had expected you to keep your whining t
I exposed Sevastian as a self-interested tyrant. Sure I did it in a mega way but that's how Bowie rolls. Is anybody surprised? You're going to sink with him if you stay on his team.

Hahaha. Sevastian is a self-interested tyrant? That is the weakest propaganda ever.

Sevastian is trying to create stability in what is primed to be the most volatile arena on Dwilight. Yes, he refuses to step down for Bowie and will not do so until Bowie is banned, but he isn't out for himself. Crowns are more trouble than they are worth, Sevastian would be perfectly content to hang out in his stronghold building.

Too bad Bowie doesn't know how to listen. Insults and threats aren't the way to get someone to step down, after they seceded with /their/ duchy.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: January 12, 2013, 08:43:34 PM »
I had expected you to keep your whining t

Hahaha. Sevastian is a self-interested tyrant? That is the weakest propaganda ever.

Sevastian is trying to create stability in what is primed to be the most volatile arena on Dwilight. Yes, he refuses to step down for Bowie and will not do so until Bowie is banned, but he isn't out for himself. Crowns are more trouble than they are worth, Sevastian would be perfectly content to hang out in his stronghold building.

Too bad Bowie doesn't know how to listen. Insults and threats aren't the way to get someone to step down, after they seceded with /their/ duchy.
As I understand it, the only reason you were the one to secede is because you whined about the capital having to be balances retreat. What I do know is that your duchy was only balances retreat and some other crap region so the crap about seceding with your duchy is a bit overused. Also, you are definitely a tyrant, whether or not a self-interested one is debateable but nonetheless you are tyrant.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: January 12, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
As I understand it, the only reason you were the one to secede is because you whined about the capital having to be balances retreat. What I do know is that your duchy was only balances retreat and some other crap region so the crap about seceding with your duchy is a bit overused. Also, you are definitely a tyrant, whether or not a self-interested one is debateable but nonetheless you are tyrant.

Penchant, you aren't even privvy to what is happening, why do you think your knowledge or opinions are true?

The only reason I was the one to secede is because I politicked my ass off about it. I put my foot down hard that i wouldnt step down from my ducal seat, and that was that. I feel like there are a lot of people ignoring the mechanics behind all of this.

You can discuss and twist it all you want. The fact remains that Sevastian fought to keep his duchy and managed to convince the remainder of Swordfell to join him. Until Bowie crossed a line (within hours of secession mind you), Sevastian was happily going to step down for him.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: January 12, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
I hope Bowie is alive when you fall, man. It'll be like watching Gollum jump into the lava after the Ring.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: January 12, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
Yes, please give me an external threat to focus on instead of this silly stuff with Bowie.

He doesn't realize he isn't getting the throne, so may as well take the spotlight off him and his mental defects.

;)

I am sure by now Bowie realized he is not getting the throne.

Once again how does dividing the realm create stability.  I am sure everyone agrees that Bowie will not be able to take the crown.  Right now Abbigal wants the Crown just so that the two men will just shut up and begin working on the realm correctly.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: January 12, 2013, 10:31:56 PM »
I am sure by now Bowie realized he is not getting the throne.

Once again how does dividing the realm create stability.  I am sure everyone agrees that Bowie will not be able to take the crown.  Right now Abbigal wants the Crown just so that the two men will just shut up and begin working on the realm correctly.

Dividing the realm isn't Sevastian's goal. People being resistant to some change is what is dividing the realm. Bowie and his fear seems to be infectious.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: January 12, 2013, 11:22:57 PM »
Dividing the realm isn't Sevastian's goal. People being resistant to some change is what is dividing the realm. Bowie and his fear seems to be infectious.

Division of the realm may not be Sevastians goal but Sevastian is doing little to avoide it.  Sevastian wants everyone to wait while he makes peace and allainces with foreign realms without involving the realm. And while he brings in more nobles that will be loyal to him.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: January 12, 2013, 11:26:41 PM »
Sevastian has tried everything he can think of to avoid it, it's not my fault patience isn't a common virtue.

And yeah, he does want more loyal nobles. He's a Duke who has been recruiting for his Duchy. It's his right to do so.

It's not like he's doing anything unexpected or shocking. Geesh.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: January 13, 2013, 12:26:57 AM »
Sevastian has tried everything he can think of to avoid it, it's not my fault patience isn't a common virtue.

And yeah, he does want more loyal nobles. He's a Duke who has been recruiting for his Duchy. It's his right to do so.

It's not like he's doing anything unexpected or shocking. Geesh.

Bull!@#$, Sevastian antaganizes everyone who does not agree with him.  He has been just as bad wth insult and evrything else as Bowie has been.  Then he is also insults other nobles because they will not submit to his needs.

I think you prove my point.  Sevastion in bringing in nobles not to make the realm stronger but make his duchy stronger Sevastian could care less about the realm if they do not so what he wants.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: January 13, 2013, 12:36:22 AM »
Sevastian has been backed into a corner, yeah, he's going to lash out at people being illogical. He hasn't insulted anyone but Bowie and Kiyth, who used the same weak poop jokes.

I prove that how? I am strengthening my duchy, and thereby strengthening the realm. That is simple logic. It isn't my job to care about your duchy, Pike. This isn't some kind of cuddle fest. Sevastian is not a cuddly fellow (unless you are his wife, Jonsu Himoura). Sevastian maintains his lands, and Abbigal maintains hers. Them working together determines how the realm progresses.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: January 13, 2013, 12:54:18 AM »
I prove that how? I am strengthening my duchy, and thereby strengthening the realm. That is simple logic. It isn't my job to care about your duchy, Pike. This isn't some kind of cuddle fest. Sevastian is not a cuddly fellow (unless you are his wife, Jonsu Himoura). Sevastian maintains his lands, and Abbigal maintains hers. Them working together determines how the realm progresses.
If you are ruler, your job is to strengthen the realm, which isn't shown in that post as it basically an all I care is my duchy and nothing else as that's not my job.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: January 13, 2013, 01:04:46 AM »
If you are ruler, your job is to strengthen the realm, which isn't shown in that post as it basically an all I care is my duchy and nothing else as that's not my job.

Sevastian is only a steward of the crown at this point. It's his job to transfer the capital.

Beyond that, Sevastian is a Duke. Which is why he hasn't attacked anyone for just calling him that, instead of Grandmaster.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: January 13, 2013, 01:41:04 AM »
So Sevastian is a steward to the crown who is just to move the capital..  Yet has alreay played diplomat? Yes it does take time and most of the time has been spent not on ensuring that you will step down when the time comes but on the fact you wil not step down if people keep pushing

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: January 13, 2013, 01:50:35 AM »
So Sevastian is a steward to the crown who is just to move the capital..  Yet has alreay played diplomat? Yes it does take time and most of the time has been spent not on ensuring that you will step down when the time comes but on the fact you wil not step down if people keep pushing

A steward does what is necessary for the realm, regardless of how it may damage them personally. If you knew anything about Sevastian, you would know that he and King Turin aren't on the best of terms. It was a bit to swallow signing a peace treaty with the man who was betrothed to Sevastian's wife before he married her.  Sorry if Sevastian gathering peace bothers you? Oh wait, no I'm not.

I don't have to keep repeating myself, my character was clear in the Fellish Assembly that he would follow a set plan. The idiots (read Bowie, kiyth, and Abbigal at this point) don't want to just shut up for two seconds and instead keep antagonizing Sevastian, which prompted my letter about the fact that I won't step down if pushed too far.

Damn, is it really this hard to understand?