Author Topic: Sirion vs Westmoor  (Read 50529 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: Sirion vs Westmoor
« Reply #150: September 22, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »
Well it was easy since the travel from trimbar to Avamar was the 2 days, with the capital city in the middle of the road to 1 fully day.

And a small (5k-7kCS) asrmy stationed on Parm to keep SOA t bay on Caqueta and Csopa, i recall the fartest SOA manage to go into Sirion's land was Oslamar.

I really loved the war against Sirion it required strategy and not power, the reason i love more on BM. Power battles are just be silent, follow orders like a dummy puppet, attack here, there and profit!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: September 22, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »
Well it was easy since the travel from trimbar to Avamar was the 2 days, with the capital city in the middle of the road to 1 fully day.

And a small (5k-7kCS) asrmy stationed on Parm to keep SOA t bay on Caqueta and Csopa, i recall the fartest SOA manage to go into Sirion's land was Oslamar.

I really loved the war against Sirion it required strategy and not power, the reason i love more on BM. Power battles are just be silent, follow orders like a dummy puppet, attack here, there and profit!

It was actually 1.5 days as it was Trinbar-Sirion-Limbar-Avamar. After the "Great War" i'd wrote an article explaining my strategy those days. It does not contain the full details (;)) but it sumarizes pretty much how we worked when we were under sieged by 5 realms.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Sirion_(Realm)/History/The_Epic_Defense_of_Sirion
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: September 22, 2012, 01:21:53 AM »
Re-reading that makes me wonder how the heck did i used such terrible syntax...

::)
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: September 22, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »

It was 50k composed by the forces of 5 realms. Thankfully their coordination was not the best either. Sirion also got close to 35k of force defending, in sentries with their entire archer power dug in. I believe i have that battle in Sermbar saved somewhere...

Sirion's geography was not the mere reason of his success tho. Good strategy applied plus heavy commitment from everyone were the real keys to victory.

Any army composed of 5 realms is going to have problems with co-ordination, 'specially if some of them have to travel across the continent to get to you.

And don't think I doubt the competence of the defenders, it's just that sometimes competence isn't enough. I recall that the old Avamar realm was highly competent - raising ~25k cs with only 1-3 regions - yet in spite of that it eventually succumbed to brute force.

Given Sirion's geographic advantages I doubt it will ever be destroyed. It's tucked away in the corner of the continent with a ring of fortresses defending it's South and it's North being too remote for any serious threat to catch by surprise. It has a rich interior that only Perdan can compete with in terms of wealth. It's 'round' shaped, allowing for quick response to any portion of it under threat. And lastly it's neighbouring lands can never support a realm to contend with them, due their awkward positions and relative poorness.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: September 23, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »
Fontan did a good job of contending with Sirion economically for three years, and if there had been a real internal unity could have probably kept the war going much longer. However there was always a divide between those who ultimately wanted peace with Sirion and a refounding of the Northern Alliance, and those who were deeply invested in the survival of the Sultanate.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: September 23, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
We still trying to beat Sirion? This has been a theme since 04 lol it's 8 years later and still Sirion is plodding along marshaling the north as they see fit. I see little change ever going to come. The only true way to beat them is to get everyone involved and coordinated... those days are long gone.

Now if a Duke or 2 split from Sirion that's another story, but why would they? They are part of one of the most powerful, longest lasting, best defensible places in the game.

Can we focus on something more particle? Perhaps destroying OI or Nivemus orWestmoor?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: September 23, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »
We still trying to beat Sirion? This has been a theme since 04 lol it's 8 years later and still Sirion is plodding along marshaling the north as they see fit. I see little change ever going to come. The only true way to beat them is to get everyone involved and coordinated... those days are long gone.

Now if a Duke or 2 split from Sirion that's another story, but why would they? They are part of one of the most powerful, longest lasting, best defensible places in the game.

Can we focus on something more particle? Perhaps destroying OI or Nivemus orWestmoor?

So, what you need is 1 or 2 deep-cover moles to infiltrate Sirion and gain Dukeships there.

This is a long-term plan, on the order of a RL year or two.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #157: September 23, 2012, 06:55:28 PM »
So, what you need is 1 or 2 deep-cover moles to infiltrate Sirion and gain Dukeships there.

This is a long-term plan, on the order of a RL year or two.
1 or 2 years won't get you a dukeship in Sirion... :( And I doubt Erik or Alexander will quit anytime soon lol.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: January 15, 2013, 12:04:14 PM »
Avamar is mine... I will never quit. BM and Internet have to die first so I can leave my duchy. Too much time to achieve it. Erik will sit there until someone say mortality will be implemented. I believe that's the same to Alexander and Ecthelion.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!