Author Topic: Player, in private and public messages, threatening to contact the Titans  (Read 13221 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Regarding the class change issue, I see no connection between being pressured to step down and being pressured to choose a class you do not want.

I understand that stepping down will cost the character H/P. However, the right is to freely choose a class, not to never lose honor or prestige. By the logic espoused by the player of Sevile, protesting him so much that he loses enough honor and prestige not to qualify for the Cavalier class anymore would also violate the IR; anything that caused him to lose H/P could potentially violate it, since it could lead to him no longer qualifying for a certain class.

In this case no one is telling Sevile that he *must* play this class, or *can't* play that class. That would clearly violate the IR in question. However, it is self-evident that the designer's intent is not that all characters be able to switch to any class at any time. If that were the intent, classes wouldn't have H/P requirements. Therefore, you cannot have a right to play any class you choose at any time, only a right to play any class you qualify for at any time. Qualifying to be able to play a class is not a protected status.

The point is that no one in this situation is telling Sevile he can't play a Cavalier. Instead they're pressuring him to do something that would lead to him no longer qualifying for the class. It is certainly understandable then that Sevile would seek to avoid taking the action that will penalize him, but I cannot see any way in which the other characters are at fault for the situation in which Sevile finds himself. They are playing the game within the expected bounds of character behavior. Rather, it is the player of Sevile who is seeking to use the Titans to reduce the pressure on him by scaring off the players behind those characters with the threat of OOC sanctions, which is clearly not an acceptable behavior.