Author Topic: Proposal for a new BM rule  (Read 4102 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal for a new BM rule
« Topic Start: January 15, 2013, 01:08:46 PM »
Lately I've seen more and more people try to claim violations of the IRs where there has very obviously been no violation. Claims that calling for volunteers to change class is a violation. Claims that banning someone for refusing to respond or engage with the realm for two months is a violation. Caims that demanding a ruler step down violates his right to choose a class because the H/P penalty reduces his stats below the required amount. Blatantly ridiculous claims that anyone who's actually read the IRs should know are obviously wrong.

The current rule for threatening to contact the Titans is:

"One important rule is that you either contact the Titans, or you don't. Do not threaten other players with them."

I would like to propose a similar rule for the IRs:

"One important rule is that you either contact the Magistrates about IR violations, or you don't. Do not post accusations in-game or on the forums (except in the Courthouse)."

This would not stop people making their claims if the truly believe there has been a violation, but it will stop these idiocies propagating in-game and exposing new generations of players to false information. It will also encourage the people making these claims to actually read the IRs and so perhaps realise whether or not there has been an actual violation.

The rule for the titans is "Do not threaten to contact the Titans", it is not "Do not point out rules violations".

I have often been exposed to violations of the IR, and the first step is always to point out the rule and explain why it's wrong. Only if a player willfully breaks the rules anyway would I contact the Titans (I only had to do so once, and it was useless anyway).

It's important to be able to talk before escalating everything to the Magistrates. In most cases, people will apologize and not do it again.
After all it's a roleplaying game.