Author Topic: Army War Chest Options  (Read 10839 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Army War Chest Options
« Reply #30: January 18, 2013, 02:29:42 AM »
I don't know that it would be "unbalancing". However, I could see it being used as an excuse to further centralize power and gold. (Gold is, in any case, power...) "You don't need a big estate, just take that 2% estate, and all your expenses will be taken care of by the war chest." Keep all the knights poor, and all the gold in the hands of the rich ruling class. (Although, I guess that could be considered an abuse.) I think that for this reason, allowing the war chest to cover 100% of all expenses would be a mistake.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 18, 2013, 05:10:50 AM »
Keep all the knights people poor, and all the gold in the hands of the rich ruling class. (Although, I guess that could be considered an abuse.)

Yeah, we're trying to go for 13th century in BM, not the 21st...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 18, 2013, 01:00:52 PM »
Yeah, we're trying to go for 13th century in BM, not the 21st...

Nope, it still works for then too.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 18, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »
Why even have a warchest then?

I thought the goal of a war-chest was to transfer costs of supporting units to the sponsor from the knights.

If repairs cost 40 gold without a war chest, why would I want to pay a total of 60 gold, just so that my knights only have to pay 20 gold?

I think IF such a feature was in place, I'd definitely want to know about it because I'd stop using war chests immediately. They're essentially counter productive.

Me too.

The war chest pays for what, repairs? In the vast majority of cases, repairs are done at home. So yea, I'd rather see everyone with a higher income and do manual transfers than waste my gold by inflating repairs costs by 50% just by being a mix of greedy and lazy.

If the game imposes such a huge inefficiency cost, it should clearly say so somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:10:03 PM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 18, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
I don't know that it would be "unbalancing". However, I could see it being used as an excuse to further centralize power and gold. (Gold is, in any case, power...) "You don't need a big estate, just take that 2% estate, and all your expenses will be taken care of by the war chest." Keep all the knights poor, and all the gold in the hands of the rich ruling class. (Although, I guess that could be considered an abuse.) I think that for this reason, allowing the war chest to cover 100% of all expenses would be a mistake.

Thank you.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 20, 2013, 08:08:58 AM »
Hmm... all this talk of supporting knights makes me curious.   Do sponsors have a way of removing or banning knights from their army?

I'd be curious to see if sponsors would continue to fund so strongly if almost every knight requested to be placed in that army for financial benefits.

Maybe have an option to have a permission based army: lord assigns knight, but sponsor consents before knight is actually placed in army.
Would make for interesting RP of elite only armies.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 20, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »
Only a lord has the authority to add or remove a knight from an army.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.