Author Topic: We cannot ask Noble to change class but he ask me to order him?  (Read 2513 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I have a character as a Marshal of an Army. As subject title above, I have a question on Inalienable Rights(IR). I have lookup the other topics open in Questions & Answers but none whatsoever about "people voluntarily asking their own marshal what class they can change to."

As I have been playing Battlemaster since year 2009, I know we cannot force people to change class. That will be against players Inalienable Rights(IR) so I rather not touch on it. Anything that I do not know, I rather not touch or reply on it ;)

Now come this "voluntary change class request" from the noble himself.

My question: If this is voluntary change class, can we really tell them what job they can change to?

Letter from Brandon Collingwood   (5 days, 22 hours ago)

Regarding my own unit, I currently employ less than half of my capacity of men as I had hoped to pursue an alternative career.

I suppose what I am asking is, would you prefer that I remain a warrior and recruit a full force when I reach Ashforth, or would you be happy for me to continue to pursue a prestigious act so that I may be accepted into the schools of shadow-walk?  You are my Marshal and I shall respect your orders, whichever direction.

BC

Brandon Collingwood
Knight of Oroya

My reply to the player below. My reply not violate IR for sure :)

Letter from Brock Ketchum   (5 days, 22 hours ago)
Message sent to: Brandon Collingwood
Sir Brandon,

Fighting more battles will raise up your honor and prestige very quickly. Especially big battles. It would be your preference which path you want to choose.

It is not my right to dictate order what you can or cannot change class. (OOC: Another player asking somebody to become Warrior or change class is against Inalienable Rights, I cannot force you to do this. It is up to you to decide which path you wish to take.)

Brock Ketchum
Baron of Pedrera
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
The Inalienable Rights page contains this sentence:

If some player explicitly asks for your advice, then feel free to give him some. Don't use it as an opportunity to give it to the entire realm.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yea, also, his request sounds like he thinks that he'll be judged if he picks a certain class. He's not asking which class the army best needs, he's asking if it'd be okay to "continue to pursue a prestigious act", making it really sound like he'd rather keep his class to train and become an infil than to switch class.

When someone asks for blessings in regards to what class they pick, they should be clearly told about their IR and that's totally up to them, and you should clearly state that, as a player, you don't really mind as long as he's having fun doing what he likes. It happens that people don't know their IRs, and their superiors should let them know of them when this becomes apparent.

Because asking for permission to change class or to keep one's class is not the same as asking guidance as to which class to pick.

You did good by letting him know of the IR.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Tom and Chenier,

Thank you for your replies and information. It is detailed, I appreciate it  :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)