Author Topic: Advies  (Read 12390 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Advies
« Reply #30: April 06, 2011, 08:53:34 PM »
Judging from that one instance, it seems like you said.

Also, due to the seemingly random nature of such "invisible" tolls, data would be too inconsistent to collect in large amounts to determine any potential patterns. Eh, just make sure to keep your adventurer nicely stocked with gold?

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 06, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
On another aspect of Adventurers - is there any rhyme or reason to how much the border toll charge is?

I was moving from one region to another with 0 silver, and got sent back because they demanded 6 silver. So I killed some monsters and got the silver. Traveled the same route and they demanded 11 silver! So I killed a bit more but ran out of stuff to kill. Tried the same route again and the demanded 3 silver, so I was finally able to travel the accursed route.

Any ideas?

Hmmm not had that happen to me yet. Might be that the Toll Charge is a case of RNG. Even BM needs money sinks ;). Or it might be a bug.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #32: April 06, 2011, 08:58:30 PM »
Almost certain it's not a bug. It's been around for a while, as I've encountered it back in 2007 with my very first adventurer. This was before the current equipment system came into being.

egamma

« Reply #33: April 07, 2011, 03:15:51 AM »
I think the amount is random, possibly weighted, but the routes where the toll appears is fairly consistent.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 07, 2011, 03:26:59 AM »
Even better, when I've had no silver and encountered a toll, I just wait an hour or so and try again. 70% of the time there would be no toll the second time around.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 07, 2011, 04:03:21 AM »
Definitely sounds like a RNG coded thing then.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries