Author Topic: How many mages we got?  (Read 10554 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: How many mages we got?
« Reply #15: January 31, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »
Can't wait till someone blows up 30 odd scrolls in a go in the middle of Enweil  ;D

Why bother? Anyone can storm in with an army and expect similar results.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 31, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
Why bother? Anyone can storm in with an army and expect similar results.
Why waste the highborn? More satisfying to watch the monsters kill each other off  :P
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 31, 2013, 02:22:14 PM »
With current situation that an infiltrator from riombara try to sabotage  ambasador from enweil i thing it will interesting if someone from enweil use some scroll in rio..
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: January 31, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »
Also, the effects apparently increase the more scrolls that are used at once. I'm not sure what the progression is, but the impression I have is that it is not linear. Tom certainly made it sound like they have the potential to go nuclear. From what I can recall reading in the thread where he introduced them, there was a certain expectation that realms might start hording them in a sort of arms race. Personally I can't wait for someone to use a whole bunch of them at once, just to see what happens. OOC of course. My character would be horrified at the thought.

I just took a look at the database and the number of scrolls available (globally) should be high enough that if they were all used within the same rough area, you could pretty much kiss everything in those regions and their immediate neighbours goodbye. Mind you, that's just a wild guess, I've not run any numbers. What I'm saying is that you don't need 1000 scrolls to nuke someone. One or two certainly won't do more than hurt a little, but with something like a dozen scrolls, you can do dramatic damage, I think.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 31, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »
I'm not sure what the progression is, but the impression I have is that it is not linear.

Also, even if the direct effect is linear, the indirect effects are not.

i.e. a 60k monster horde would do much more than four times the damage a 15k horde would do. In a realm's capital, it could be the difference between a few days' inconvenience and the realm collapsing.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 31, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
Can't wait till someone blows up 30 odd scrolls in a go in the middle of Enweil  ;D

Why Enweil? They're not exactly a powerhouse anymore. Talk about kicking a man when he's down...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 31, 2013, 03:25:01 PM »
I just took a look at the database and the number of scrolls available (globally) should be high enough that if they were all used within the same rough area, you could pretty much kiss everything in those regions and their immediate neighbours goodbye. Mind you, that's just a wild guess, I've not run any numbers. What I'm saying is that you don't need 1000 scrolls to nuke someone. One or two certainly won't do more than hurt a little, but with something like a dozen scrolls, you can do dramatic damage, I think.

I really can't wait to see something like that. Unfortunately my current BT character lacks the resources to start gathering scrolls.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 31, 2013, 04:31:46 PM »
Why Enweil? They're not exactly a powerhouse anymore. Talk about kicking a man when he's down...

Hey, just the first realm that came to mind. I don't mind if it happens in Rio or Enweil. Closer to home means more fun... I just want to see the realms burn and be in disarray, and hopefully splinter into littler parts as people scramble to save themselves  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 31, 2013, 04:47:43 PM »
Hey, just the first realm that came to mind. I don't mind if it happens in Rio or Enweil. Closer to home means more fun... I just want to see the realms burn and be in disarray, and hopefully splinter into littler parts as people scramble to save themselves  ;D

...Fair enough. That does sound fun.

Someone should start a secret society dedicated to collecting enough scrolls to burn the island to the ground. And then use them for exactly that purpose. Some sort of apocalyptic cult. That could be a lot of fun, though I think it would be hard to recruit characters to the cause. Too many people like playing good guys...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 31, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »
I'd do it! I'd do it!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #25: January 31, 2013, 04:54:48 PM »
Hmm... now there's a thought.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #26: January 31, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »
My character's just depressed enough with the world to burn it all.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 31, 2013, 05:37:30 PM »
Well well. I'll brainstorm some ideas about an RP basis for such a group.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 31, 2013, 06:05:32 PM »
Mmm.... Playing a Mage would be fun,.. Not sure if Onamont's could do it though. Cyril's would be the one for that.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 31, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »
Mmm.... Playing a Mage would be fun,.. Not sure if Onamont's could do it though. Cyril's would be the one for that.

Is he still lurking around? He kind of seems like the ideal candidate for this...