Author Topic: Unique items question  (Read 7435 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Unique items question
« Topic Start: January 21, 2013, 06:43:54 AM »
If you get a skill bonus in sword fighting from a particular item, at a tournament, will the bonus get factored in?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unique items question
« Reply #1: January 21, 2013, 02:31:49 PM »
If you get a skill bonus in sword fighting from a particular item, at a tournament, will the bonus get factored in?

Yes.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 21, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 24, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »
Can't we have at least one Tour de Dwilight without performance-enhancing weapons?

egamma

« Reply #4: January 24, 2013, 01:20:11 PM »
"And in a surprise announcement, Sir Lancelot announces that he did in fact use the Frying Pan of Doom +3 to help achieve victory in the tournament. The tournament organizer has asked him to return the winnings."

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 29, 2013, 05:46:37 PM »
Sir Lancelot vehemently denied all allegations and called the tournament organizers "a gaggle of uppity peasants."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 30, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »
During a live press conference, Sir Lancelot revealed that the actual percentage was + 0.000000000005 % swordfighting.

Eirikr

« Reply #7: February 27, 2013, 05:21:38 AM »
Upon hearing a ruling from the Dwilight Anti-Enhancment Agency, Sir Lancelot has decided to tell everything on a realm herald's speech time. The anticipated audience is a little confused as heralds generally don't talk to another person while they cry out the news.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 12, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »
Wait.  There are items that increase sword fighting?  All I have ever seen are the prestige bonuses.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 12, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »
Wait.  There are items that increase sword fighting?  All I have ever seen are the prestige bonuses.

In addition to the normal option to repair an item, a sage will sometimes also offer to improve it (for an adventurer). The improvement types are random (jousting, spellcasting, swordsmanship etc) . You can also get the chance to increase an improvement.

It normally costs gold as well as items. Normally quite expensive.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 12, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/index.php?title=Property:Abilities

Unfortunately, people have been using the template incorrectly, and adding junk into the Abilities property. but if you browse through that list, you can get a good idea of the range of abilities that unique items have.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 13, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »
Speaking of Unique items, I have a character recently been catapulted from a lowly Count to being a Duke and a Judge. There is an infiltrator in my realm that attacked another person in the realm and got caught. As soon as I had the ability to, I banished her, but she was still in my prison so the next turn I had the ability to basically do anything to her.

Apparently she had a unique item, but I didn't go for it because my character isn't that dishonorable (yet, I guess) and he ended up deporting her to another continent. I was wondering what would of happened to that unique item if he just ended up executing her instead? Would it be lost permanently? Given to the Judge that executed the person?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #12: March 13, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »
I do believe Unique items cannot go with the person if they emigrate/are deported. I may be mistaken on that.

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 13, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
So if what you are saying is true, is it lost forever if they are deported? How do you know if you have a unique item on you?

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 13, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
Well, items are unique per island. From this I deduce that they cannot change islands, otherwise the preceding statement would be false.